Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com

Douger33

Jan 19, 2013
Omaha NE
Hi Dale,
Thanks for all your reviews and posts, very interesting. I have had the Mad Dogs for a couple of years, and am on the list to upgrade to Alpha Dogs. It should be by the end of April, certainly May! If you have
reviewed them here I have missed it. However, I heard them at RMAF 2013 and am excited...

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
Hi Dale, Thanks for all your reviews and posts, very interesting. I have had the Mad Dogs for a couple of years, and am on the list to upgrade to Alpha Dogs. It should be by the end of April, certainly May! If you have
reviewed them here I have missed it. However, I heard them at RMAF 2013 and am excited...

It still hasn't arrived - 21 days tomorrow morning and not shipped yet. Hopefully they'll be on the way shortly since I used Paypal - they get the money securely up front. I was impressed enough with the Mad Dog to order the Alpha immediately. One thing I really will like about having the Alpha Dog (when it gets here) is the beautiful finish I see in the photos, and with those custom made earcups, the great earpads, the planar drivers, the cables - this Alpha will probably generate a few new orders when I pass it around to the local headphone and electronics dealers, just on people handling it. I'll have to remember to carry a good amp with me when I show it around.

I read somewhere that MrSpeakers was issuing a removable brightness mod with every new Alpha they ship, so I hope mine has that just in case it's useful. I'm really excited about this too, more than anything else I can remember for a long while back.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing