Tellurium Q

Colin Wonfor

Mar 8, 2014
Lost in Space
Hi I work for Tellurium Q and was wondering how many of you have heard it and compared, all comments will be interesting. :b

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have never heard it...but saw you design a Class A amp...most intrigued. My favourite amps in history are: Forte 4, Boulder 2060, Gryphon Antileon and Gryphon Colosseum. I did not know much about Class A until my Antileon...but realized only after learning that my favs have all used Class A design. Could be coincidence as there are so many factors, but I do find that interesting.

Would love to know more about your amp, perhaps what your design goals were...and in what kinds of systems you think it is best suited. Thanks!

Colin Wonfor

Mar 8, 2014
Lost in Space
I have designed a few A Class Amps but this is another subject for another day.

Last edited:

Pierre

Jun 18, 2012
Denmark
Hi

I have heard several of Tellurium q's cables and i own one of your rca's.

Colin Wonfor

Mar 8, 2014
Lost in Space
Hi Pierre,
And what are your thought on it, and which one, Oh they are not mine I just did some work for TQ.
Col

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi I work for Tellurium Q and was wondering how many of you have heard it and compared, all comments will be interesting. :b

I have heard it set up by Dominic of Studio AV in Windsor with his Avalons, Stillpoints (feet + panels), dcs and VTL. Best box speaker system I have heard

class a

Jul 10, 2011
I have Tellurium Q Black speaker cables and Black interconnects. The speaker cables are hooked up to a pair of older Aerial 6's and a pair of Modified Threshold T-50 Class A amps. The Interconnects run from my P-75 MKIII phono to an Audio Research SP16. Originally I had Transparent Music Wave cables. I felt they were a little dark. The TQ blacks gave my system a more open top end and a deeper soundstage. Not a crazy amount of money and my Linn TT sounds great. Excellent products and worth an audition in my opinion.

wonfor

Jun 21, 2015
Somerset UK
Now I was forced to resign from Tellurium Q I have had lots of short stays in hospital I am now doing my own thing with SECA PCB's for the DIY fanatics like me.

Colin Wonfor

theophile

I have 1 meter of Graphite RCA. I found it to be inoffensive. The interconnect that made a real improvement to every aspect of the sound was High Fidelity CT-1.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I am looking for a possible new speaker cable and saw the reviews of the Silver Diamond and should try it when possible maybe in 15 days.
Big hopes on it

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I am looking for a possible new speaker cable and saw the reviews of the Silver Diamond and should try it when possible maybe in 15 days.
Big hopes on it

Hi cuntigh,

I am also interested in the Silver Diamond series of Tellurium Q.

Please post your views on it on WBF for sharing.

Many thanks!

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Well it's done,
Wednsday I picked a 3.0m Silver Diamond Speaker cable frommylocal dealer for a try. I connected it at night replacing my HiDiamond HD8 in mysystem.
I wrote some notes for WBF readers and that's what i can read for you
Faster, clearer more bass very fast and deep. Very coherent from top to bottom seems to be one of the best points of the TQ.
Less emphasis than my HD8. More natural on voices. Scene quite the same but more prese ce of the caracters. More

I listened on some jazz, classical music and Yves Montand forsongs with acoustic instruments very well recorded.
Day 2 the cable has settled and the same can be said but everything a bit better.
Today day 3 no changes.
I put the old cable back in and all I said is true. TQ is a clear winner. It does quite everything better than HD but it s not enough better for a pricing gap of three times more expensive. That is said in my own system, room, etc. A other thing has to be noted : I listen to moderate levels but for the try when I put the volume a bit more the TQ becomes better and better. I think another audiophile with bigger room than mine and liking to listen at higher level can be very impressed by this cable.
Another thing : the cable came with banan plugs and my amps are not made for bananas, so I had to put it in the hole forbare cable. Not a good thing that didn't help it to be at it's best.
To sum up the big strengh of the tq is coherence. It doesn't do spectacular things but in the long term sure it is a winner because it is very well balanced and marvelous on voices.... Big difference here relative to the HD. Less hifi, more music.
At 3 times the HD cost... Well I expected a bigger difference. So it means the HD is a fantastic cable relative to its price level and this is a good news for me.
I think it deserve to becarefully listened on the long term. Maybe I will try some other cables and come back to it...or not. I really think the hd8 is great also.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Cuntigh.
Seems an improvement over their previous top of the line speaker cable which I tried about three years ago.
Initially very good impression but after a few days I found it gave a processed and artificial sound in my then system.
Tried the biwired Entreq Konstantin and bought it. Much more natural and musical sound.
Upgraded to the Challenger biwire which was better still and the same natural and musical characteristics.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hello Barry
Maybe I expected too much differences with the TQ vs HD. I only want to buy when there is a big gap for the better between the one I have and the pretender. Especially true for ables because there is so much price drop new and used ones. I don't know why there is so many brands of cable and (except Cardas) new models replacing each other every 1 or 2 years and every 6 months the biulder makes a new top of the line...
What is the price range of the Entreq Challenger please ?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Cuntigh.
Yes that makes sense.
In the UK 3m Challenger speaker cables are about £5.5k GBP. They are biwired but I'm pretty sure they can be supplied for single speaker/amp connections. They need a ground terminal as you probably know.
There is a 3.2m pair of Konstantins for sale on Hifi Shark for just over £800 from Poland. Challenger is obviously better but the Konstantin is a great buy and if those ones are in good condition then at a bout a third of their new UK price are real value for money.I'm not familiar with your cables so not sure how they compare but FWIW.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Barry,
Does the ground cable is included in the price or can we by / choose the one we want ? Jntil now I only bought eartha cables (1 Atlantis and several Apollos) and didn't think The same refs in a classic non eartha could be that expensive...
Did you earthed all your classic Entreq cables and does it make a real difference ?
Best

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Cuntigh,
The ground cable is an integral part of the Entreq speaker and interconnect cables so you do not need to buy a separate earth cable for them. You just need a spare terminal on your ground box or a separate Silver Minimus.
Yes all my speaker and i/c cables are grounded and it does make a significant difference. Together with the input grounding there is a cumulative improvment.
Have a good Xmas and New Year.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hi Cuntigh,
The ground cable is an integral part of the Entreq speaker and interconnect cables so you do not need to buy a separate earth cable for them. You just need a spare terminal on your ground box or a separate Silver Minimus.
Yes all my speaker and i/c cables are grounded and it does make a significant difference. Together with the input grounding there is a cumulative improvment.
Have a good Xmas and New Year.

Hi,
I contacted Per Olof and he will ship a Challenger sc very soon for a try. I think you may be right. Something about synergy could happen.
Merry Xmas

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi,
I contacted Per Olof and he will ship a Challenger sc very soon for a try. I think you may be right. Something about synergy could happen.
Merry Xmas

Thanks for updating me.
I'll be surprised if you don't like the Challenger and do let me know how it goes.
ATB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing