I Remember....

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Dual doing this demo back in the late '70s at the NY Audio Show! :)

image.jpg

Wouldn't do this with my. VPI.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Didn't BIC do a similar demo with their tables?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Did it prove anything?

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
This type of demo is what convinced me to buy my Dual in the late 70's. Walked into Pacific Stereo said I was looking for a turntable. After looking at a few he took me over to the Dual section and said that NO other turntable could do what he was about to show me. He proceeded to turn the table on its side and started to play a record. Utterly amazed I just had to have it and still have it to this day.... It doesn't hold a candle to my Wave Kinetics NVS but it still works and may end up in a second system somewhere.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It proved the arm was dynamically balanced and it would play an LP even if the table was upside down.

What a great selling feature. :p

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
This type of demo is what convinced me to buy my Dual in the late 70's. Walked into Pacific Stereo said I was looking for a turntable. After looking at a few he took me over to the Dual section and said that NO other turntable could do what he was about to show me. He proceeded to turn the table on its side and started to play a record. Utterly amazed I just had to have it and still have it to this day.... It doesn't hold a candle to my Wave Kinetics NVS but it still works and may end up in a second system somewhere.

Wow and would probably still play during a 8.0. ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here's another oddity with dynamic balance. Made by the sister company of your TT maker mep. :D

1837-vestax-pvt-e2-large.jpg

mep

Apr 20, 2010
And it even says "Professional Turntable" right on the platter!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing