Evolution Acoustics MMMiniTwo Wins 2014 Stereomojo Maximum Mojo Award

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Stereomojo Max Mojo Award 2014.jpg

"In short, the Evolution Acoustics MMMiniTwo time after time, without fail, through thousands of different musical selections across every musical style, decade and century, gave us the most musically enjoyable, exhilarating, rewarding and satisfying musical experience we had yet relished in our 30 plus year audio journey. While we are not sure what the “MM” designation really stands for, in our book it’s Maximum Mojo.

Because of it's extreme adjustability to room acoustics and listener taste, it is easy to recommend these speakers to those want the very best sound in practically any listening environment.

They are easy to drive since the 1,000 amp in each speaker carries the heaviest load, but 60-100 wpc would be the least to put in front of them since they are capable of very high transient output, even though their specs says minimum is 15 wpc. Max, they say, is 200 wpc. Impedance is 9 Ohms, but - and this is important - that only varies +/- 1.5 Ohms - very steady load and very tube friendly.

Frequency response - get this - is 15Hz-40kHz and that is at a slim +/- 3 dB! That's considered virtually ruler flat. But, at +/- 6 db, still very acceptable, they claim they go down to 10 Hz (!) and up to 70kHz! Down only 6db at 10 Hz? We said they went low.

Sensitivity is claimed to be 86 db, which we think substantiates our 60-100 wpc observation unless you listen at pretty low levels.

In addition, since they are very revealing, use good quality components and cables to get optimum performance. They are equally at home with any genre from lute solos to Mahler. They do an outstanding job of conveying scale or size in their soundstage. And yes, they will rock! Tracks heavy in rhythm are especially a delight because of their sheer speed from top to lowest bottom.

Room size is important. Moderately small to moderately large should work well. They play loud, but they do have their limits. That's why Evolution makes bigger speakers.

And yes, they sound almost acoustically identical to their bigger brothers we deemed "the best stereo reproduction we have ever heard...period.

It does take time to burn them in and then adjust them to your room and taste, but we believe it is time well worth it."

Click here for the full review.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I believe that photoshop job is James' doing.

Congratulations Jonathan and Kevin :)

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
"They are easy to drive since the 1,000 amp in each speaker carries the heaviest load,"

WOW!

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Congrats, JT!

BTW, so Stereo Mojo is currently reviewing the mmMicroOnes? If so, I can't wait!

Yes, they are. I had promised James a pair a long time ago and although we have been selling them as quickly as we can build them, I had to make good on my promise.

I am looking forward to reading his thoughts.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Congrats as well Jonathan!

I'm sure the review on the MicroOnes will be Very positive..

Even though I own the MM3's in my dedicated room, which I love.
,,,, I still have a hard time believing the level of detail, transparency, & the freakin bass that come out of the MicroOnes, that are in the second system (bedroom).

Just may have to add the MicroTwo's to the HT System!;)

Last edited:

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Congrats as well Jonathan!

I'm sure the review on the MicroOnes will be Very positive..

Even though I own the MM3's in my dedicated room, which I love.
,,,, I still have a hard time believing the level of detail, transparency, & the freakin bass that come out of the MicroOnes, that are in In second system.

What system do you have in the bathroom ? :)

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
LOL!

Maybe you & Kevin need to design a speaker for the bathroom! My wife would love me to stream music in there!
How romantic! Wine, Hot tub... ya know!

Could some small desk top speakers for computers be to far off? AKA audio engine!!!!:)

Last edited:

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA

A center channel would be nice.... I was thinking of getting a single micro one and rotating the tweeter 90 degrees for a center channel application. Probably a bad idea...

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
A center channel would be nice.... I was thinking of getting a single micro one and rotating the tweeter 90 degrees for a center channel application. Probably a bad idea...

By the way, they do offer a center channel, it is just not on their website. It is called the MicroOne-C. They have a stocked inventory of them. They even come with a mounting cradle to allow for tilting for optimum positioning. They were designed as a center channel, voiced identically to the MicroOne. This is not a speaker conversion, but an existing packaged product.
I have one for my HT system.. sounds great!

Last edited:

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

I don;t know that I could have stated it any better then rad!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing