Why every music lover needs to buy a turntable - discuss.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
This is an endless debate.
We needf only know that there are vinyl recordings worth having that are better than or not avaable on digital. If so you will need a turntable to play them. The premise has been conceded

Greg that wasn't Gary's point-that has long since been lost. It was that there were different mixes used for the two mediums. :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Greg that wasn't Gary's point-that has long since been lost. It was that there were different mixes used for the two mediums. :)[/QUOTE
You take what the defense gives you. Smile

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
People who don't own turntables drink Diet Coke.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Neither one for me, thanks...

Same here. Never got into pop or soda...even as a kid. If I do have something I'll have Nestea or water.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Same here. Never got into pop or soda...even as a kid. If I do have something I'll have Nestea or water.

Not so fast Johnny me boy. When Rbbert said "Neither one for me, thanks..." he meant no turntable and no diet coke. You on the other hand have a turntable so "Same here" doesn't apply to you.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Not so fast Johnny me boy. When Rbbert said "Neither one for me, thanks..." he meant no turntable and no diet coke. You on the other hand have a turntable so "Same here" doesn't apply to you.

LOL...I think I posted in the wrong thread anyway.....I'm tired...just got home and need to unwind. Carry on.....

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
LOL...I think I posted in the wrong thread anyway.....I'm tired...just got home and need to unwind. Carry on.....

Reasonable error. The difference between the two threads is more semantic than substantive.

Tim

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Reasonable error. The difference between the two threads is more semantic than substantive.

Tim

Sort of. Gary is trying to tell music lovers why they should buy a turntable and I'm just telling them Coke tastes better than Diet Coke. :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sort of. Gary is trying to tell music lovers why they should buy a turntable and I'm just telling them Coke tastes better than Diet Coke. :D

Add colour and B&W photography to that mix.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

Uh huh.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I bet your drinking some kind of diet drink so fess up.
All the artificial sweeteners make me sick so no diet drinks. Not a big fan of soda in general, so it's coffee, tea, water and fruit and vegetable juices.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Another anology might be fresh squeezed o.j. vs concentrate.

DexterMiller

Jan 20, 2019
New Jersey (U.S.)
It's all a matter of who is trying to sell the turntable...isn't it?:cool:

For the price it, apparentlyo_O, now takes to expunge the last ounce of myth from a 1902 medium...I would (rather) venture: going through a private auction with the guy in Mexico that hoarded a collection of Beatles' safety master reels the former Capitol pressing factory down there was going to throw out when they shut down in 1980 and; I'd pay 'em $5G for 1970s transfers of Rubber Soul and Pepper.

Then...I'd (still) have enough left: to splurge on a $27k pair of vintage Electro-Voice Patrician 800's and a pair of 1950s Heathkit 5M Williamson monoblocks(!).

I *guarantee* THAT would rock the house with goosebumps a heckuva lot more than any vinyl ritualism.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing