Vicoustic Super Bass Extreme?

tboooe

May 11, 2013
Does anyone here have experience with the Vicoustic Super Bass Extreme? I currently use their Flexi Pol absorption panels for my front wall with good results. I really like the look of the Vicoustic products. Anyway, does know how effective the Super Bass Extremes are as compared to products like GiK and RealTraps?

hoosiertom

Nov 28, 2013
Check out what kiwi_1282001 posted on audioshark.org in the members systems area. This guy has a detailed, lucid thread on he acoustic treatments in his listening room and equipment and ancillaries..I believe he's had good luck with the Vicoustics Wavewoods, but was underwhelmed by their bass traps. He has used both GIK and Real Traps. . I've personally had good luck with GIK Bass trapping (Monster Bass Traps and Vicoustics and SRL difussion products
Hope this helps, Tom

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I would recommend bass traps in the corners on the front wall. Diffusion between the speakers, first reflection point and behind the listening area. Full range traps behind the listening area if you are relatively close to it are a good consideration. Use too many traps like I did, where I now utilize diffusion equals a dead room, ime.

hoosiertom

Nov 28, 2013
I would recommend bass traps in the corners on the front wall. Diffusion between the speakers, first reflection point and behind the listening area. Full range traps behind the listening area if you are relatively close to it are a good consideration. Use too many traps like I did, where I now utilize diffusion equals a dead room, ime.

I couldn't agree more. Getting your listening room acoustics optimized before equipment tweaks is essential. Diffusion and bass management and moderate absorption have worked for me in my room also. Once again, the audioshark.org thread I mentioned previously is a great learning resource about the process.

Tom

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Has anybody else as of late tried Vicoustics SuperBass Extremes? They certainly have that beautiful look and the (seemingly) correct NRC behavior curve. Wonder if anyone has had good luck with them?

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Very pleased with them!

I had my room done through my dealer. I also have diffusion and absorption in the room. The bass traps have made a huge difference in my room since it had NO bass traps installed prior to this effort. Tightened the low and mid bass that now allows me to hear much more lower end detail.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I had my room done through my dealer. I also have diffusion and absorption in the room. The bass traps have made a huge difference in my room since it had NO bass traps installed prior to this effort. Tightened the low and mid bass that now allows me to hear much more lower end detail.

Thank you very much!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing