Issue with the WBF and mobile posting

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello all, I have an issue that hopefully through discussion I can overcome. When I first joined I could post via my phone. Sometime about 6 months (give or take) ago, when I went to go post, the keypad would pop up and almost immediately slide right back down preventing me from being able to post. I haven't had much luck with finding a fix searching Google so I thought I would just ask here.

A friend of mine suggested that it was a forum issue with not being set up for mobile but logic tells me that can't be the case as I have been under the impression that some of the moderator work behind the scenes has been done mobile. Another forum I am an active member of that uses vBulletin does the same exact thing. Anybody have any suggestions to help?

Reading and flying through the forum(s) while mobile is no issue. It's only when trying to post something.

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Nope, just tried it without enlarging the page and got the same thing. On both the normal reply to post and advanced. The phone has all current updates, so I don't know what else I can do on my end.

Tom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Nope, just tried it without enlarging the page and got the same thing. On both the normal reply to post and advanced. The phone has all current updates, so I don't know what else I can do on my end.

Tom

I post from my mobile all the time with no problems

Have you tried a hard reboot of your phone

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
As Steve I post from my phone all the time.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello Ron, I thought other folks did post from a mobile device. I used to be able to. Something apparently changed.

Steve, to answer your question.....The phone I am using now is my second phone. The original one did the same thing about or around six months ago, before that, no issues. I would imagine getting a new phone would be about as hard a reset as one could get but I'm open to suggestions. With that said, usually I am the one instructing folks how to do a hard reset on something but when it comes to phones, I have not one clue.

What is the proper way to do a hard reset on a phone?

Tom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hello Ron, I thought other folks did post from a mobile device. I used to be able to. Something apparently changed.

Steve, to answer your question.....The phone I am using now is my second phone. The original one did the same thing about or around six months ago, before that, no issues. I would imagine getting a new phone would be about as hard a reset as one could get but I'm open to suggestions. With that said, usually I am the one instructing folks how to do a hard reset on something but when it comes to phones, I have not one clue.

What is the proper way to do a hard reset on a phone?

Tom

if it's an iPhonehold press and hold at the same time the on-off button at the top and the home button at the bottom. Hold until you see the apple logo

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In my case, I can't post when using 3G with my carrier. It says my IP address is banned. I have to end up looking for a hotspot if I really need to post.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
We banned your IP Jack? That's not good.

Steve, I have some sort of Nokia. I think it's the biggest they offer at the moment, running Windows8. The rest of the family runs Apple products, I seem to be the oddball in the equation. The other phones we have for the company do the same thing when trying to post.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LOL! Somebody banned Globe Telecom I guess! LOL!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Oh, one more thing. If I do a hard reset, will it erase everything I have downloaded and put into the phone? (I'm hoping not, that's a LOT of apps and whatnot we use for business)

Tom

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Oh, one more thing. If I do a hard reset, will it erase everything I have downloaded and put into the phone? (I'm hoping not, that's a LOT of apps and whatnot we use for business)

Tom

On iPhone, hard reset will erase any "preference" settings (font size, etc) you may have chosen, but it didn't remove any content I had downloaded. Do you have a backup for your phone, Tom?
Lee

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Oh dear, I honestly do not know. The pictures are on the cloud along with *most* of the business related things. It's the other things that has already taken me a week to complete (still not done) to get the new phone into normal operation.

How would one back up their phone? [you can tell by now, I am a complete novice when it come to phones]

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
If anyone with a Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (or a G3/G4, etc) running Jellybean can tell me how to do a hard reset and backing up my data I would appreciate it. I may be even more in the dark about all things cellphone related than Tom!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I don't recommend doing a hard reset. It is unlikely to fix much if any problems. I did a google and here are three ways to do it, assuming it is the same on your device:

Note that it will wipe out all of your data. Likely if you google you can find a way to save and restore them.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Well, don't I feel like the donkey. I am posting this from the phone.

I fixed the issue by scrolling down to the bottom left corner of the main page and hitting the mobile configuration, instead of standard.

If you can read this, then the issue has been solved. Thanks for taking the time to help solve my issue. Lesson learned.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing