Speakers closer to sidewall?

tboooe

May 11, 2013
Congrats...sounds like a very nice improvement. And (other than the hernia), it was free. ;) enjoy.

Thank you. I really wish I could pull my speakers out more but my little room just won't allow it. Time to reclaim the loving room!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you. I really wish I could pull my speakers out more but my little room just won't allow it. Time to reclaim the loving room!

I had a small 10x11 room for some time and it was fine when I had my Totem Sttafs. They seemed to like the size and I always enjoyed listening to my setup. Then a little over a year ago I upgraded my speakers to Genesis G7.1f's, which are a totally different animal, and I couldn't make them work properly in a room of that size. I had no choice but to reclaim my living room. I'm kinda sad that I had to give up the dedicated room as it was a get-away-from-it-all kinda spot for me, but I had to do what I had to do.

tboooe

May 11, 2013
Good points. One thing I love about my little room is my ability to treat it. Treating a room tastefully is much harder in a living room. What I need is a big dedicated room. Time to look for a rich woman to marry!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Good points. One thing I love about my little room is my ability to treat it. Treating a room tastefully is much harder in a living room. What I need is a big dedicated room. Time to look for a rich woman to marry!

Let me know if she has a sister!:)

tboooe

May 11, 2013
Yeah, because I told you I wasn't going to hook you up with my sister.

Lol! Tough crowd in here! Glad I don't have a sister!!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Lol! Tough crowd in here! Glad I don't have a sister!!

I don't know why mep is being so protective...I would have made a great brother-in-law! LOLOLOLOL!

Motions

Jul 8, 2014
I have shifted all my equipments back to my newly completed dedicated listening room,the size is 18ft(W) x 30ft(L) x 11ft(H)..,Currently the Magico Q5 are placed 3ft away from the side wall and 8ft off the back wall and i am seated 12ft away (all distance measured from center of speaker )..Currently I am quite happy with the speaker position.
Is there any "golden rules" to use for Magico speakers..Thank you

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow. Our rooms are almost the same size and the positions almost the same too. Either this is a coincidence or we both are doing things right or both doing things wrong :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing