i replaced Cardas Clear with Tara Labs the One speaker cables , don't like them

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
Hi

i like the Cardas clear more
the Cardas sound with more "weight" , more "analog" , full body sound
the Tara sound leaner.

i chose Tara because many Focal Utopia owner like them , and also dealers recommend them with Focal
i want to test more Brand/models to compare with Cardas Clear.

what do you think?

my speaker: Focal Maestro

Thanks

Aoyama

Jun 3, 2013
Brazil
Hello, just to know...

The cables are new?
How many hours of burning time?

I think you need 100hs of burning time to compare it.

You can try KS elation, i have it and really like this cable.

[]s

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
the Tara sound leaner.

what do you think?

I think you should use what makes your ears happy.

Other people's suggestions can be very expensive and disappointing [try to get FULL money back guarantees; not trade-in allowance]!

zz.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Hi

the Tara sound leaner.

i chose Tara because many Focal Utopia owner like them , and also dealers recommend them with Focal

what do you think?

Thanks

Like ZZ above said, go with what ever cable sounds more "musical" to you, and don't be swayed by what others think is "BEST" for you, based on what speakers you do have. Me personally, I would take the cable that sounded "MORE ANALOG", and had "MORE WEIGHT", as you described them. However there is the total system to consider. If the added weight, (warmth) etc, pushed it over to far to the dark side.......well, .......you just need to make that call. Happy listening.
Cheers.......

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Like ZZ above said, go with what ever cable sounds more "musical" to you, and don't be swayed by what others think is "BEST" for you, based on what speakers you do have. Me personally, I would take the cable that sounded "MORE ANALOG", and had "MORE WEIGHT", as you described them. However there is the total system to consider. If the added weight, (warmth) etc, pushed it over to far to the dark side.......well, .......you just need to make that call. Happy listening.
Cheers.......

Tom, is that you? Welcome to the forum man!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi

the Tara sound leaner.

what do you think?

Thanks

I think you just answered your own question. If you admit to liking the Cardas more, they use it and don't listen to anyone else. I use what I like, not what other people tell me. I try their recommendations but I am the final judge. I usually prefer Cardas myself.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
YES it is JACK..........and thank you for the kind welcome.

Cheers, Tom

Tom C? you may or not remember me I bought Soundlabs off you eons ago, I even recall the demo music you played, gaite parisienne with fiedler and co. I left SD years ago...and welcome to WBF!

musicargyle

Jan 28, 2013
Every time I play w/ different speaker cables I miss my Cardas Clear & Clear Beyond too much. All speaker cables have some trade offs but the Clear & C Beyond do everything very very well. Plus to my ears CC's have an earthy, real music quality & eschew the HIFI sizzle some others have.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
Amps to Pre , Tara The 0.8 XLR
Pre to DAC , Acoustic Zen silver reference ii XLR

i mixed brands
maybe it's better to choose one brand to all the system?

i'm trying to understand the sonic/sound signature or Tara Labs compare to Cardas Clear
Tara usually more lean with more "airy" sound and resolution?

trying to find better cables with the same sonic/sound signature of Cardas Clear
Purist Audio or Siltech G7 maybe? i'm not sure

Last edited:

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
I wanted to chime in. I just added Cardas Clear speaker cables to my system. They are blowing my mind. I was using the NACA5 with a vintage high end Naim Olive System and Joseph Audio Perspectives. VPIC3/KleosSL/Chinook/Tyr analog front. I was alway told the naim speaker cable is critical. My ass!! The Clear have changed my system so much for the better it is not even funny. PRAT in spades!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Cable is one of the areas in audio where is there is less correlation between price and performance.

In my opinion.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing