power cords for Vitus SM-101 Monoblocks , what do you think can match?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Not wild variations , more unpredictability . Check out Bob Levi's Origo review , says something similar . So not the only person to have experienced this .... http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue48/jorma_origo.htm

Thanks for that link.
Do you by any chance know where I can find Bob's review of the London cartridge that he refers to in that Origo review.
It's a cartridge I have been fascinated with for years but never made the leap because of its reported idiosyncracies. Now that I have a Townshend Rock V turntable (and its silicon damping) and Origin Live arm it seems less of a risk

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks for that link.
Do you by any chance know where I can find Bob's review of the London cartridge that he refers to in that Origo review.
It's a cartridge I have been fascinated with for years but never made the leap because of its reported idiosyncracies. Now that I have a Townshend Rock V turntable (and its silicon damping) and Origin Live arm it seems less of a risk

Apologies to the OP for the rather tangential course the thread has veered off on . Banking further starboard to comply with Barry's request .... http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue48/london_reference.htm . Hope we get to tracking true course soon :)

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Not wild variations , more unpredictability . Check out Bob Levi's Origo review , says something similar . So not the only person to have experienced this .... http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue48/jorma_origo.htm
Jazz, Bob's feedback does not surprise me at all. Origo perhaps more than any other cable in the Jorma lineup is dead neutral and transparent to source; connect it to one component and you may love the sound, connect it another and the results might be different. It's just like when you connect one amp to a pair of Magico S5's you get a different result from connecting another amp; because the S5's are so transparent and resolving they lay your upstream rig bare for better or worse...so to with Jorma.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Jazz, Bob's feedback does not surprise me at all. Origo perhaps more than any other cable in the Jorma lineup is dead neutral and transparent to source; connect it to one component and you may love the sound, connect it another and the results might be different. It's just like when you connect one amp to a pair of Magico S5's you get a different result from connecting another amp; because the S5's are so transparent and resolving they lay your upstream rig bare for better or worse...so to with Jorma.

Bodhi ... This is the specific part I was referring to ... "Though I like the Prime a lot, I have never heard a complete Prime system and know the included Bybees behave differently and unpredictably in every application, and as such I don't think they are necessary in this application."

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Bodhi ... This is the specific part I was referring to ... "Though I like the Prime a lot, I have never heard a complete Prime system and know the included Bybees behave differently and unpredictably in every application, and as such I don't think they are necessary in this application."
Yes i've read the review before. I respect Bob as a reviewer, but he is also in the business of generating readers for his publications. If you don't believe me, there is a rampant Bybee thread on Stereo.net.au forum with mostly ill informed, hystrionic comments endlessly prostrating both camps point of view. But I do subscribe to the view that reference level cables by their nature should remain neutral, transparent & not editorialize what they're fed. Therein, if you don't like what you're hearing, it's simple; you can either change your upstream equipment or change your cables. I fall into the former school of thought.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Yes i've read the review before. I respect Bob as a reviewer, but he is also in the business of generating readers for his publications. If you don't believe me, there is a rampant Bybee thread on Stereo.net.au forum with mostly ill informed, hystrionic comments endlessly prostrating both camps point of view. But I do subscribe to the view that reference level cables by their nature should remain neutral, transparent & not editorialize what they're fed. Therein, if you don't like what you're hearing, it's simple; you can either change your upstream equipment or change your cables. I fall into the former school of thought.
If you disagree with those posting on that site, why don't you reply to that thread? (a link to the thread, please?)

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Brian, I made reference to that thread to highlight how contentious the subject of Bybee products is. By suggesting that I should instead post my opinions on another website your comment came across as dismissive and an attempt to invalidate my view. You asked..

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Brian, I made reference to that thread to highlight how contentious the subject of Bybee products is. By suggesting that I should instead post my opinions on another website your comment came across as dismissive and an attempt to invalidate my view. You asked..
Contentious? How so?

Not invalidating, simply asking why you didn't post a rebuttal on that site.

Again, please post the link to the thread you referenced.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
So, Bodhi, it's been a few days and you have not responded yet have posted elsewhere on this site. Hence the logical assumption is that for whatever reason you are marginalizing the thread on the Australian site and perhaps are unable to post a rebuttal there. What's the story?

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
So, Bodhi, it's been a few days and you have not responded yet have posted elsewhere on this site. Hence the logical assumption is that for whatever reason you are marginalizing the thread on the Australian site and perhaps are unable to post a rebuttal there. What's the story?

This may be the thread
http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/63993-the-definitive-bybee-experiment/

Most of the "experimenters" in that thread (myself included) were not at all blown away by the bybees. Most of the histrionics came from those who seemed very keen to tell the experimenters why we were wrong

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Brian

It seems to many that you are trolling here with Bodhi. That's not what we do here at WBF so I am going to ask you to cease and desist that immediately. I do hope you got my message loud and clear.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Although I was trying to get to the bottom of things, your message is clear.

Namaste

Feb 20, 2013
image.jpg
The preferred cables, Goebel, at the recent ultra high end Audioexotics show in Hong Kong.

I should say straight off that my reference cables are all High Fidelity Ultimate Reference. I have never heard any cable that gives me the realism that they do. I have had both the Stage III Krackens and the Goebels as well as another prototype that I cannot mention. My system remains all HFC.

What I find absent in the competition is decay of notes and the realism of the performance. As Cam_01 says, the Goebels are quite mellifluous. I could listen to them all night, but they never give me any sensation of being at the recording venue. I fully concede that my personal tastes are such realism. This is just my two bits.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing