power cords for Vitus SM-101 Monoblocks , what do you think can match?

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Great feedback on your Jorma Prime pc Paul. Your description of tonal richness, image accuracy and amazing detail are pretty much what I would have expected. Prime is a sophisticated cable & terrific match with Vitus imho. Siltech Royal Signature series is also a great match; bass is excellent & they're possibly the quietest cables I've ever heard, but I would say Prime sounds a bit more organic & delicate. Horses for courses as they say!

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Nice photos! Let us know when you try them. How much are the PCs? Also, are those Rockport Altairs?

I know you liked your Transparent cables but you must try the Goebel cables. They let everything through unhindered...top, top quality. They must be heard to be believed. I have listened to the top cables from Transparent, MIT, Jorma, Nordost, etc. (in different systems though) and I ended up with the Goebels.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I know you liked your Transparent cables but you must try the Goebel cables. They let everything through unhindered...top, top quality. They must be heard to be believed. I have listened to the top cables from Transparent, MIT, Jorma, Nordost, etc. (in different systems though) and I ended up with the Goebels.
Thf, just curious as you referenced listening to Jorma's top cables; have you listened to the Jorma Statement sc's?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks and good to know...I got some information about them yesterday to read this weekend. Most intrigued now!

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Yes, I did. They were used with the top Marten loudspeakers.
Just to provide some perspective Thf, did you a-b test Goebel cables against the Jorma Statements in the same system?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just to provide some perspective Thf, did you a-b test Goebel cables against the Jorma Statements in the same system?

I think Thf99 did add he heard them in different systems...will be interesting of course if he did a/b them directly.

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012

Lloyd was right. I mentioned that they were all heard in different systems and there was no way I could A/B them. The owners of these systems are very private people and listening is only by special invitation.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Lloyd was right. I mentioned that they were all heard in different systems and there was no way I could A/B them. The owners of these systems are very private people and listening is only by special invitation.
With the caveat there is really no such thing as a bad cable at this level, you can't compare different brands and models of cables in different systems (too many variables). All this exercise really does is tell you how good a particular loom of cables work in that system, and maybe gives you some insight into their sound.

Last edited:

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
With the caveat there is really no such thing as a bad cable at this level, you can't compare cables in different systems.

I didn't make any comparison as I couldn't given the circumstances. In each of these system, I just listened to the tonal balance, coherence and noise floor. Yes, at this level, there are no bad cables, just personal preference.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

I have . Beside that I heard both Jorma Prime & Statement in 2 other syst. I like jorma statement for its neutrality . Relaxing & easy on the ears . Good for long hours listening . As for Goebel , is as though the volume is turn up 2 notches . Much more exciting . For the price I would prefer Goebel . Jorma Statement cost more than 30%. At the end of the day, our preferences vary . To each its own

Last edited:

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Audioblazer , any experience with Stage iii Concepts ref cables . Especially interested in a possible comparison between their Kraken PC and the a Gobel statement , will be one battle royal !

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I have . Beside that I heard both Jorma Prime & Statement in 2 other syst. I like jorma statement for its neutrality . Relaxing & easy on the ears . Good for long hours listening . As for Goebel , is as though the volume is turn up 2 notches . Much more exciting . For the price I would prefer Goebel . Jorma Statement cost more than 30%. At the end of the day, our preferences vary . To each its own
Your description of the Jorma Statements sounds pretty accurate as far as their house sound goes, though I would expect the Statements to be on another level compared to Prime given the uptick in price. I actually find the twin runs of Statement wires nice on the eye to be honest. Goebel cables do indeed look well made. They use silver plated OFC, so the additional volume you perceived is likely the inherent brightness which is synonymous with silver cables. I agree silver cables immediately sound more exciting, though I find that wears on me after a while. I personally prefer the natural/organic sound of Jorma over the long haul, though this is a very subjective science. As you said, each to their own.

Reactions: Zappadaddy

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com

I tend to agree with Bodhi on this one, that if it seems the volume is higher this may be due to odd order harmonic distortion which manifests itself as loudness cues, not good...you should feel encouraged to turn it up, not down. 'Exciting' is not desirable in the long term over 'real'. I would be curious to know the pricing on the various cables mentioned.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Bodhi ... Gobel is not pure silver . More an alloy.....silver , copper plus an undisclosed third metal (secret sauce) ;) . Not heard it myself , but by all accounts thus far the Gobel 's are not tipped up in balance . Supposedly has a very solid deep founded almost subterranean bass root . Having used a whole Jorma Prime loom myself , found the signal cables to be far superior to the PC's , but vey unpredictable as to how the bybees react between components . Have since moved on to Stage 3 and very happy too , but must admit that the Gobel's have piqued my interest ....

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Bodhi ... Gobel is not pure silver . More an alloy.....silver , copper plus an undisclosed third metal (secret sauce) ;) . Not heard it myself , but by all accounts thus far the Gobel 's are not tipped up in balance . Supposedly has a very solid deep founded almost subterranean bass root . Having used a whole Jorma Prime loom myself , found the signal cables to be far superior to the PC's , but vey unpredictable as to how the bybees react between components . Have since moved on to Stage 3 and very happy too , but must admit that the Gobel's have piqued my interest ....
I guess that goes to show the subjective nature of this business. I find the Prime pc's @ $5k (not $10k or $14k) to be excellent value for money. And you're the first audiophile I've heard report wild variations between applications of Prime xlr's. I guess some folks like to use cables as tone controls, whist others prize cables for their natural/organic, harmonically rich & mellifluous sound. Horses for courses as they say..

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
, Goebel PC 2m 7.5k euro including VAT. 3m speaker cable euro 20k with VAT & 1.2m IC euro 5k VAT.
Brian . Price as above.
Bodhi , jazz head - hearing is believing . Thf 99 have 3 nordost Odin in his syst . To him , for source , Goebel is comparable to Odin . For his mephisto power amp he prefers Goebel.
Jazz head , you are right about the bass performance of Goebel cable . I can only described it as awesome .
I have not compare it with Kraken but will probably have the opportunity to compare it to Siltech double or triple crowds PC

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Bodhi , I do have jorma prime XLR. Will compare it to Goebel IC soon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing