power cords for Vitus SM-101 Monoblocks , what do you think can match?

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
right now i have only stock cords.

not sure what the power need in watt for the Vitus
but i know they have 2200VA power supply in each amp.

rest of the system:
Focal Maestro Utopia
Pass Lab Xp10 pre
Luxman DA-06 DAC
wireworld platinum usb cable
Cardas Clear and Tara Labs the one speaker cables
Tara Labs 0.8 XLR interconnect
regular PC

I’m using only the computer to play music.
stock AC cable , no AC conditiner/tweaks

Thanks

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I use the Stage 3 Concepts Kraken on my Vitus with great success .

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I believe Vitus often does demonstrations at shows with Purist Audio. I am sure there is business/co-marketing in there, but hopefully it is also because the products work successfully together. I use their power cables, and think they're great.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have the Vitus SIA 025 amplifier and use Entreq cables and interconnects.
They work very well with Vitus amps and the Challenger power cord should be a good match.
Their power conditioning products are also very good. Really do reduce the noise floor.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
I believe Vitus often does demonstrations at shows with Purist Audio. I am sure there is business/co-marketing in there, but hopefully it is also because the products work successfully together. I use their power cables, and think they're great.

with Vitus i got recommendation for Synergistic research and Purist Aqueous Aureus or Canorus

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
with Vitus i got recommendation for Synergistic research and Purist Aqueous Aureus or Canorus

I own a number of older Dominus, the Canorus and now the 25th Anniversary (the 8 gauge all silver one with RMI/EMI filter). I will say, although somehow it seems to have a bit more 'grain' in the system with it...it is a FANTASTIC power cable and far less expensive than the newer brethren. I am letting the 25th Ann PC burn in, and then will post findings. It keeps showing tremendous promise, and then changes a bit...funny. happened twice now, so I am going to let it run thru this weekend and see.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
I own a number of older Dominus, the Canorus and now the 25th Anniversary (the 8 gauge all silver one with RMI/EMI filter). I will say, although somehow it seems to have a bit more 'grain' in the system with it...it is a FANTASTIC power cable and far less expensive than the newer brethren. I am letting the 25th Ann PC burn in, and then will post findings. It keeps showing tremendous promise, and then changes a bit...funny. happened twice now, so I am going to let it run thru this weekend and see.

Vitus told me don't use any AC conditioner and to plug the amp directly to the wall
the 25th Anniversary RMI/EMI filter , it's the same idea like AC conditioner?

Magico using Synergistic research with Vitus amps
you tried this company ?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Vitus told me don't use any AC conditioner and to plug the amp directly to the wall

you tried this company ?

Hi...I have never tried Synergistic, but understand they are excellent. As for the EMI/RFI Filter, I cannot say. However, I instinctively feel it is not going to inhibit current the way an AC Power Conditioner will. All Transparent Ref Cables have some kind of network box...like them or not in terms of sound, I do not get the sense those restrict current either.

However, I should note that while I use PAD throughout my system...there is 1 exception. I use Gryphon's own Reference VIP cable with the Colosseum straight into the wall...mainly because the cable came with the unit when I got it second hand from the original owner. Furthermore, the space under the unit is not too great...which means a PAD cable would not fit underneath anyway. The Gryphon VIP Ref cable is thick (0.75 inches??), but not quite as thick as a PAD (1.25"-1.5").

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

you tried this company ?

I have the Vitus SIA 025 which runs from an Audience Aspect power conditioner and Entreq speaker cables and interconnects.
The Vitus was supplied by the the UK distributor along with two Silver Tellus and a silver Minimus for the Konstantin speaker cables also supplied by the same person.
He has heard my system a number of times and installed the above personally. At no stage has he expressed any reservations about any of the above.
I am currently trying out the Entreq Atlantis which turbo charges the Silver Tellus together with an Atlantis earth cable connected to the 025.
The last two additions have noticeably improved the sound quality with better bass, improved resolution and a more natural sound which removed the sharpness from violin in particular.
Here in the UK therefore I am not aware of any advice from Vitus, who I see from time to time, about avoiding any of the above but I will ask him next time I see him

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The silver tellus with Atlantis system is good stuff...IMHO the Atlantis cable is the one to go for first. The Atlantis box only made a big leap once the Atlantis cables were in. My two cents. Look forward to your thoughts and observations. Enjoy!

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
Synergistic Element CTS cost $3K , dealer didn't offer any discount
i think it's out of my budget.

right now those are the two i'm thinking to buy:
SHUNYATA PYTHON
vs
Purist Canorus

do you think about any other brand at this price range i should try?
can you tell which are better match "on paper"?

Vitus told me to plug the amps directly to the wall because power
conditioner will limit the amps.

I don't have enough outlets
need outlets for TV , Computer , Pre , DAC

do you think I should buy power strip like this:
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-116783-shunyata-venom-ps8-power-distributor.aspx

or power conditioner ?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am partial to the Canorus myself, and recently found I also like their 25th Ann PC.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
I am partial to the Canorus myself, and recently found I also like their 25th Ann PC.

you also plug the amp directly to the wall without conditioner?

25th Ann have network box , this is not limit the current? (i red that many people don't like network filter , i'm not sure why)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
you also plug the amp directly to the wall without conditioner?

25th Ann have network box , this is not limit the current? (i red that many people don't like network filter , i'm not sure why)

Hi...I use the Gryphon VIP Ref Cord with my Gryphon amp...no network box and straight into the wall. The 25th Ann cord is for the CJ GAT. I have used the PAD Canorus with Gryphon Antileon and it worked exceptionally well.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Concur with Barry. The UK Vitus distributor recommends Entreq power cords with the Vitus amps that they also deal. I'm just trialling an Entreq Challenger PC, and it's stoked up the dynamics in my system and reduced the noise floor significantly.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I don't have enough outlets
need outlets for TV , Computer , Pre , DAC

do you think I should buy power strip like this:
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-116783-shunyata-venom-ps8-power-distributor.aspx

or power conditioner ?

You have a TV and computer hooked up on the same circuit as your audio gear? That's pretty bad...
Perhaps now is a good time to consider a separate circuit for your audio gear. After you have your circuit, you should think about conditioners and stuff...
Just my two cents, of course...

alexandre

flat6

Jun 9, 2012
i've owned the Vitus SM101 several years ago.
these amps are quite sensitive to power cords.

must've tried a dozen power cords on these amps (including PAD Dominus, Nordost Valhalla/Odin, top of the line Acrolink Mexcel, Vitus Andromeda. Jena Labs, Jorma Prime, Pranawire, Kondo KSL-ACz, etc., etc.) during my ownership. from what i recall, PAD Dominus was pretty decent, but i liked Jorma Prime power best.

avoid the "brighter" sounding power cords (eg. Nordost Valhalla, Acrolink, Kondo)... very bad match!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing