Axpona 2014 - Manufacturers - what are you bringing/debuting

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
www.purityaudiodesign.com
I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for manufacturers to start letting consumers know what they will be bringing and/or debuting at Axpona 2014 in Chicago seeing as its just around the corner.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
In the Rosemont 4 room on the third floor we will be demonstrating:

Aurender W20 and X100L music servers
Bricasti M1 DAC
AMR CD-77.1 CD player
Kuzma big 'table (TBD) with 4Point tonearm and Kuzma cartridge
Atma-Sphere MP-1 preamplifier
Atma-Sphere MA-2 amplifiers
Sound Lab Majestic 845 speakers
Teo Audio and Clarity Cable cables and power and equipment rack

A modest system ;)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Brian,

What ever happened to that silver colored special type of rack you displayed last year at Ax? Did it ever go into production?

That's the Teo Audio rack, and we will be using it. Yes, they are available. $7500. The shelves are of aluminum foam, with a bit of damping and vibration control materials applied. Assuming you'll be attending the show, please feel free to speak with Taras Kowalczyszyn who designed it. He'll be in the room.

Vapor1

Oct 19, 2012
St Louis, MO
www.vaporsound.com
Hey Bill, looking forward to showing together at Axpona this year! Why don't you tell everyone a bit more about your new 300B monoblocks?

We (Vapor Audio) will be showing a new speaker called Derecho at the show. It will be a true 93db sensitive speaker, and a nice match for your 300B's. Cabinet will be CNC cut stacked Baltic Birch ply lamination around 44" tall. RAAL 70-20XR tweeter, high sensitivity 6.5" midrange, and a pair of 8" woofers. Price will come in at under $8000/pair.

merrillaudio

In the Burton Room
highlighting the Staccato Horn Speaker System($40k) with the VERITAS Monoblocks ($12k/pair), and the new Jens Phono Preamplifier ($12k)

Playing Direct to Tape recordings from International Phonographic, Inc on reel to reel.

Sadurni Acoustics Staccato Horn System for speakers. 110db horns with bass in a bi-amped configuration.
Merrill Audio VERITAS Monoblocks driving the Horn systems.
Source will be reel to reel tape and DSD transfers directly from Master Tape.
ANAP Interconnects and speaker cables from Merrill Audio.

On display will be the new Jens Phono Pre-amplifier ($12k) from Merrill Audio, the Cara Pre-amplifier ($6k) from Merrill Audio.

Here is a link to a picture of the Staccato and the VERITAS Monoblocks.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15002&d=1396273684

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hi Merrill

Fascinated to hear the horns

Dont i see some TEAD "soul" amplifiers there also

What are the large black tubes at the back of horns?

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
We do have more information now on what will be found in the Vapor Audio room. Along with the Derecho speakers as mentioned above, here is some more equipment to be found in this room.

- Lampizator will be providing a Level 7 Reference DAC (about $8,000?)
- Mike Powell of Verastarr will be providing all top of the line silver cabling
- The preamp will be the Purity Silver Statement with Ultra GT power supply ($35,000)
- Amplification will be the Purity PSE300B Ultra mono bloc amplifiers ($20,000 pr.)
More information on these special amplifiers can be found at
http://www.purityaudiodesign.com/PSE300B.htm
Picture of the actual Silver Statement and PSE300B Ultra amplifiers found below.

In another room with King Sound loudspeakers Purity will be debuting a few new pieces.
- New 2014 Reference Linestage ($11,500)
- Harmonia 300B balanced buffer ($$ Varies)
- Maybe....just maybe.... we will have another exciting debut in this room. We will post additional information as it becomes available.

Purity%20Audio%20ETM%201.jpg

merrillaudio

Hi Merrill

Fascinated to hear the horns

Dont i see some TEAD "soul" amplifiers there also

What are the large black tubes at the back of horns?

Yes, indeed those are the soul amps from Tube Distinctions. I have been using them to voice my amps from the begining and they have been very helpful in getting the VERITAS to where they are now. I don't own those amps, but the room and set is excellent for any kind of listening. Plus a ton of equipment goes through there that helps me compare.

The large black tubes at the back of the horns are a proprietary bass modules. They can be stacked from 1 to 3 modules for larger rooms. This room is 20 x 30 x 11 and the 2 modules fill the room nicely. The room does have some bass node problems which have been partially solved with measurements and eq, and also a ton of treatments.

merrillaudio

Finally 4 skids off to Chicago. Only 2 more boxes that did not make it!

See everyone in Chicago.

Attachments

• Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 002.jpg
    Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 002.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 597
  • Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 007.jpg
    Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 007.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 646
  • Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 005.jpg
    Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 005.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 583
  • Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 004.jpg
    Merrill Sadurni shipping pictures 004.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 652

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
We do have more information now on what will be found in the Vapor Audio room. Along with the Derecho speakers as mentioned above, here is some more equipment to be found in this room.

- Lampizator will be providing a Level 7 Reference DAC (about $8,000?)
- Mike Powell of Verastarr will be providing all top of the line silver cabling
- The preamp will be the Purity Silver Statement with Ultra GT power supply ($35,000)
- Amplification will be the Purity PSE300B Ultra mono bloc amplifiers ($20,000 pr.)
More information on these special amplifiers can be found at
http://www.purityaudiodesign.com/PSE300B.htm
Picture of the actual Silver Statement and PSE300B Ultra amplifiers found below.

Word on the street is that this room is a killer sound quality-wise. I await showgoer confirmation in a matter of hours.

Room 432.

Last edited:

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Hello winson.
Unfortunately, I am in the same position. I too will have to wait for show reports and/or attendee feedback. I had a choice between staying home with my wife on our 20th wedding anniversary (yesterday) or going to an audio show
however, I was able to have my partner send me a quick shot of the system.
. IMG_0740.jpg

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Wonderful Bill. Muchas gracias and happy Anniversary.

Kudos on the great sound too.

merrillaudio

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
We are getting great feedback on the rooms which is impressive considering how many great systems are at Axpona.

I really don't want to dismantle the Purity Silver Statement preamp shown in the Vapor Sound room picture above (2 chassis stacked unit on top shelf) to install it into the new series chassis. If anyone in interested in a great deal on this show piece, (retail $35,000) please contact me at bbaker@purityaudiodesign.com

Here is a closer look at this unit. Picture is at Axpona 2013 by Scott Hull - Part Time Audiophile
AGON STATEMENT2.jpg

merrillaudio

Attachments

• Axpona Sterephile Most Musical Combo 042514-Merrill-600.jpg
    Axpona Sterephile Most Musical Combo 042514-Merrill-600.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 374

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing