The Like/share button

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
I was always under the impression that WBF didn't want to advertise itself. Frankly, I thought it was a good policy, as the discussions would undoubtedly be diluted by the proliferation of individuals who didn't "work" on the same level as the rest of the forum. I'm on (I think) every audiophile group on FB. They're like a lesser version of AudioAsylum, on a human level. With the share function in place, does the staff want us to post a given thread on Facebook?

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
With the share function in place, does the staff want us to post a given thread on Facebook?

?Did William Shakespeare write?:
To Like, or not to Like, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer Web Anonymity,
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Barbs against a Cloud of troubles,
And by sharing end them? To reboot, to virus—

Best to you,
zz.

Last edited:

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
?Did William Shakespeare write?:
To Like, or not to Like, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer Web Anonymity,
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Barbs against a Cloud of troubles,
And by sharing end them? To reboot, to virus—

Best to you,
zz.

LOL! That's really good.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes, for sure use the button and or share links. Our community and knowledge base gets stronger the more people join the conversation.

On not advertising, at some point we will have to balance the books if you will as Steve and I are shouldering the operational cost of the service and software. Any ideas of how we could offset that cost would be appreciated :).

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yes, for sure use the button and or share links. Our community and knowledge base gets stronger the more people join the conversation.

On not advertising, at some point we will have to balance the books if you will as Steve and I are shouldering the operational cost of the service and software. Any ideas of how we could offset that cost would be appreciated :).

Advertising would be one way; membership fee, probably not - who would pay to watch some constipated folks get on the board for relief :D

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
"What's Best Provocative"

I think Advertising should be allowed. The people on this site certainly have independent minds.

Advertising should shoulder the cost, therefore allow ANY advertising; good, bad, controversial, red-hot, etc. If you do not want to read the ad, then do not read the ad.
Maybe then a sub-site could be started that would suit many members - "What's Best Provocative" [based on the word PROVOKE].

zz.

Last edited:

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS

I'm not against making a donation.

In the early days of AA, when I kinda lead the vinyl forum, I absolutely refused to donate. I thought Rod should pay me for working is boards. :)

This is different. If you and Steve open a donation drive for the WBF, I have no doubt that funds can be raised.

Edit: As for my initial question, I guess we should post the better threads and use our judgement as to who would be attracted by the discussion. Does that sound like a good idea to the management?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Edit: As for my initial question, I guess we should post the better threads and use our judgement as to who would be attracted by the discussion. Does that sound like a good idea to the management?
Yes. FYI the button is for members to use as they see fit. The management does not put any rules over their use :). But as you say, it is good to put our best face forward when possible.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
How about a [Donate] button for anonymous donations via PayPal? That way, we can keep WBF's independence from overt commercial influence.

In the early days of the BBS - there was always a statement somewhere (you sometimes had to dig for it) that said something like "If you like my forum, and would like to contribute to upgrades and maintenance, please consider making a donation." With the ubiquity of PayPal, the donation route is much easier than it used to be.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing