Ps audio P5 big improvement in plasma tv

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have an office rig , tv , 2 channel audio . I have direct tv and a 4 gen plasma Panasonic 50 inch.

As the audio equipment is connected to the power regenerator. But never the tv or sat box. Yesterday I did this after reading on a web forum of a notable improvement . So I did it too. Wow a big improvement in video . The unit is set to multiwave format. Has anyone here tired this or other power regenerator ,s .
I know they tend to get a bad reputation , honestly I do not why. Even for audio it does improve things .

Al

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Haven't done that, as I use Shunyata passive power filtering on my equipment. What I did do is take my TV, a recently calibrated 57" 2005 Hitachi digital monitor, and cut its hard wired power cord off about 6" from where it plugs into a circuit board. I then attached a Furatech IEC connector to that, and added a Shunyata Zitron Cobra power cable. Wow! What an increase in color and detail. Fantastic upgrade. Later I added a two port Hydra Model 2 power conditioner, and that added even more detail to the picture.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have read about that company. And people highly regard it. May I ask how much did all of the equipment you used set you back ?

Al

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
The Cobra power cable and the Talos both have a list price of a little less than $1K. My feeling is if I ever upgrade the TV I now have the power foundation in place. Of course, if I want I can always upgrade to a higher level, but I don't watch movies as much as I used to.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
No bad to have a better tv. What gets me is why do they not make a better psu to begin with. This power stuff works but why do we need it. You can buy a 30 k amp and still need it. I have a msb stack with separate PSU,s for transport and dac.

It sounds great , but it does get improved with power stuff.

Al

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Please pay close attention to your audio system performance now. Flat panel TVs have switch mode PSUs, which have a bad habit of injecting a lot of noise back to the AC line. As even if your video system may have improved, your audio system beeing on the same AC line may have deteriorated quite a bit....

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Thanks now this is a good reply. The tv and sat rec was on another circuit but same phase in panel. And there is 4 circuits on same phase from panel. That is something I will have to listen for.
Thanks
Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing