Line magnetic...anyone heard this amp

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
The new Line Magnetic series of amps and integrated's is getting some very good press right now. One of the amps that they manufacture has a very interesting look, IMO.... LM-212amp.jpg

Anyone had the opportunity to listen to their amps? Seems like they are all SET based, BUT this new company is getting raves for their price to value.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Looks like it came straight out of a Frankenstein movie. I bet the WAF is off the charts.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Seems to be a riff on the old Western Electric movie theater amps. Weird enough to be like-able. "It Lives!"

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
This model...the 219 IA is perhaps at the sweet spot. 300b tubes and an apparent healthy 24 watts/ch output. 219ia-600x400.jpg

Priced at around $7K. Many are swearing by this integrated.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mating them with Quad ESL 63s or Maggies, I will have trouble with regards to positioning them inside or outside the panels. They're capable of blocking the centerfill on the inside. :D

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Mating them with Quad ESL 63s or Maggies, I will have trouble with regards to positioning them inside or outside the panels. They're capable of blocking the centerfill on the inside. :D

Nah, Phil. You get to use them as Bass Traps:rolleyes:. Perfect for mounting parallel with the back wall, LOL.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nah, Phil. You get to use them as Bass Traps:rolleyes:. Perfect for mounting parallel with the back wall, LOL.

Good one, Davey. :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..call me crazy but I love the look :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Looks like it came straight out of a Frankenstein movie. I bet the WAF is off the charts.

..from a Dagogo review of the integrated: "It’s built like a Mack Truck (it’s almost as big and heavy), and it looks like something from Young Frankenstein’s lab – in the best possible way"...

Not bad Mark! Maybe you should be one them there audio journalists :D

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The new Line Magnetic series of amps and integrated's is getting some very good press right now. One of the amps that they manufacture has a very interesting look, IMO.... View attachment 13962

Anyone had the opportunity to listen to their amps? Seems like they are all SET based, BUT this new company is getting raves for their price to value.

Only $27k for the lm1. Pretty darn cool looking monoblocks

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What are the globe tubes on top?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I had a Tri 845 which is made in the same Chinese factory (they even look very similar). I found it soft, slow, and euphonic despite the 90lb weight. We tube rolled until the cows came home and still couldn't get it to sound good. YMMV

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Keith, that's an interesting observation...and frankly one that doesn't really surprise me. Over on A'gon there are a bunch of guys that are making out as if the Tri845 is the next coming. I know the system's that these guys are listening to and that is why I am not surprised with your findings. One of these guys had the idea that matching this amp with SF Guarneri evolutions would be a great match-up! He went so far as to suggest to the owner of the SF GE's that he was pretty sure they would be a MAJOR upgrade, even though he had NEVER heard SF G's! When i opined that the G's are a fairly tough load and this match-up more than likely would NOT work well at all...well the flames came out! Too much.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Keith, that's an interesting observation...and frankly one that doesn't really surprise me. Over on A'gon there are a bunch of guys that are making out as if the Tri845 is the next coming. I know the system's that these guys are listening to and that is why I am not surprised with your findings. One of these guys had the idea that matching this amp with SF Guarneri evolutions would be a great match-up! He went so far as to suggest to the owner of the SF GE's that he was pretty sure they would be a MAJOR upgrade, even though he had NEVER heard SF G's! When i opined that the G's are a fairly tough load and this match-up more than likely would NOT work well at all...well the flames came out! Too much.

Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolutions & Lamm amps & preamp :)

Elrocco 13.jpg

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Andre, those Lamm's are the ss models....either 100 watts/ch or 200 watts/ch depending on the model. Either of which would drive the less than efficient SFGE with aplomb.:D

Yes Dave they are the M2.2 mono blocks 220watts 8 ohms - 440watts 4 ohms - 600 watts 1 ohm - so yes plenty of juice.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing