Tube amp 80k who makes it

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed, but the Infinities have always sounded much better with tubes on top. Remember the amp isn't running full range here too.

Many, many good suggestions and would add to the excellent list cj ART (not 80k but cj always sounds great on the Vs), the big CAT amps, Jadis JA-500s (doesn't look the 800s are made any more) and Tenor 350Ms. You also might think of trying to listen to the new Doshi amps before making a decision.
One of the amps that HP raved about with his V's was the CJ Premier One. I had a chance to listen to one a few years ago, matched to IRS BETA's...a superb sound.I would suspect that on your V's it would be still very tough to beat and here's the plus, this one isn't going to put you back $80K.
Wow...sounds like CJ and Infinity's work well together...given that I really like Genesis (heard them with Kondo Gakuon monos)...and also really like CJ...that could be quite cool!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Look, if you are serious about spending up to $80k for an amp, you should have dealers tripping over themselves on the way to your house while schlepping amps they want to sell you. I would demand in home auditions and make them do the work. Money has its privileges.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing