New product teaser - Purity does it again

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
www.purityaudiodesign.com
Bill,

Are you bringing one of your preamp masterpieces to the show ? I will not be there, but perhaps that will open up the possibility of a demo unit being available for audition down the road.

Yes, we will have several products at Axpona: A pair of PSE-300B Ultra Mono Bloc amplifiers, Silver Statement dual mono linestage with Ultra power supply, New 2014 Reference linestage, Harmonia 300B buffer and a pair of brand new hybrid stereo amplifiers that will be used for bi-amping.

mojave

Oct 29, 2010
Elkhorn, NE
Can you explain a little more what is meant by this comment on the webpage?:
Restores proper frequency balance though better impedance matching due to its extremely low output impedance.
(should be "through" instead of "though")

I have 4 DACs with balanced output and all of them have an output impedance of either 75 or 100 ohms. The Harmonia has an output impedance of 180 ohms balanced which is higher than my output impedance. My amps have an input impedance of 10K.

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
(should be "through" instead of "though")

Thanks for catching that one. We will thouroughy go through the page prior to publishing it live.

As far as the output impedance goes, as mentioned in one of the post on page 2, the Harmonia was not designed exclusively for impedance matching. It was more the sound of this unit that was more important. I am running my unit into a solid state/Class D amp with a 7k input impedance and my preamp also already has a very low output impedance.

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Just a few updates.

1) Production chassis will be here next week.
2) All Harmonia buffers will come equipped with EH300B Gold Grid tubes.
3) Any orders submitted now will be filled onn a first come, first serve bassis and assembly will start the end of March/beginning of April.

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Here it is. The production Harmonia 300B buffer.

It has also come to our attention that there was an error in the calculations of the Purity Audio Design products for 2014. This calculation error resulted in higher pricing. We have corrected the pricing and made changes on the web site. Please visit the Comparison page for all the new (lower) prices on all Purity Audio Design products. The Harmonia is now $4,995/$3,995
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Harmonia-600.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing