Room frequency plot

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
Is there some where that shows the what ideal frequency plots and what would be acceptable look like?
I'm a new user of XTZ Pro and wondering just how much more insane I need to drive myself looking for acceptable plots

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
Thanks, I tried the search but this didn't come up.

Ethan Winer

Banned
Jul 8, 2010
New Milford, CT
Is there some where that shows the what ideal frequency plots and what would be acceptable look like?
I'm a new user of XTZ Pro and wondering just how much more insane I need to drive myself looking for acceptable plots

If you can get the overall frequency response within a 10 dB window you're doing pretty darn well. But minimizing low frequency ringing and early reflections at mid and high frequencies is equally important.

--Ethan

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
You have the scales very large and that causes the detail to be lost. Set the lower bound to 40 db and high to 110.

That aside, you have a room mode at about 42 hz. That will likely cause the bass to have overhang.

Just to emphasize what Ethan said, you should do two separate graphs. One that just shows frequencies up to 300-400 Hz with 1/12 smooth or no smoothing as you have now. Then do a full response with 1/3 or 1/6 smoothing.

jcmusic

May 20, 2010
Just Outside New Orleans, La.
Amir,
That is just a snapshop from REW I did not set the scales, that is the way it came out, this forum for what ever reason only allows that type of pic to be posted other wise I could post the mdat.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I realize that :). Just change the scales in REW as I mentioned. And just to be clear, you do not need to remeasure.

And yes, shipping mdats don't work with the forum software. You would need to host it on some other place.

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
After many moves and adjustments on my 2 Martin Logan Depth I subs these are the plots I currently have. Both subs are crossed over at 65Hz to ML CLSIIz mains.
Which plot is correct or are they both saying the same thing with the lower frequency chart showing more detail.

Someone suggested the issues I have at about 150hz and 230Hz on the LF plot or 160Hz on the full range plot is probably a boundary null. How does one figure out where to move the main speakers to address this?

Attachments

• _10 Full Range L-R-S-bmp (Medium) (Small).jpg
    _10 Full Range L-R-S-bmp (Medium) (Small).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 82
  • _10 L-R-S 12 PPO-bmp (Medium) (Small).jpg
    _10 L-R-S 12 PPO-bmp (Medium) (Small).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 80

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing