MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Video at 11!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Remind me next time to not start an Olympics thread. I stopped posting because the wind was knocked out of my sails due to fear of disclosing results. I posted my opinions elsewhere and no one seemed to mind...in fact, it was encouraged. It was taken in the spirit of being a sports fan....maybe we don't have any here.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm really disappointed.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
But John

you must be excited that Canada beat the USA 1-0 and will face Sweden for the gold. That was an impressive win

Of course I am, but that's not why I started the thread. It wasn't about Canada...it was about the kids who came to play from wherever they hail.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
And the referees in the finals are also from Canada...that is just insane imho.

I'm personally against that happening as well, and contingency should have been made to allow for a change in refs. Having said that, I have yet to see any ref from any country give their countrymen a break. These guys are professionals and their reputation is also on the line.

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
I'm personally against that happening as well, and contingency should have been made to allow for a change in refs. Having said that, I have yet to see any ref from any country give their countrymen a break. These guys are professionals and their reputation is also on the line.

I hope you are right. I am missing the finals. I will be in a plane going on vacation in Florida for two weeks.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I hope you are right. I am missing the finals. I will be in a plane going on vacation in Florida for two weeks.

Enjoy the Sunshine State!:D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's done! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm interested in people's thoughts re judging and bias or lack thereof, such as in Women's Figure Skating where Russia won under much controversy

I have some opinion on that, but let me get back to you as the Closing ceremonies are on!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Figure Skating again was tainted with accusations and now an official protest from Korea re the Gold in Woman's Figure Skating. The protest may not be recognized as I heard it was filed too late.

French sports magazine l'equipe (the same mag that reported the Lance Armstrong doping scandal) accused the Russian and U.S. figure skating judges of collusion and they accurately predicted how the medals would fall. Russia would get the Team Skating Gold and the U.S. the Ice Dancing Pairs.

And here is something that really disturbs me and IMO goes against the spirit of the games. Russian Ice Pairs coach Marina Zoueva, who resides in Detroit, and coaches both The U.S. (Meryl Davis & Charlie White) and Canadian (Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir) Ice Dance Pairs, walked in with the American team at the opening ceremonies. That to me shows a clear bias and leaves me to think that the l'equipe story may not be off the mark at all.

Other than that, I thought the games were a huge success and the Sochi organizing committee did an outstanding job.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing