Attachments

• New Olympic Event.jpg
    New Olympic Event.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 109

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
We need to start a spoiler results thread. In the US the TV network at 4PM has only shown :

Men's 5000 meter(metre) Speedskating
Woman's Cross-country skiathlon
Team Figure Skating day results
and 2 Woman's hockey games (very early this morning) they are going to re-broadcast them soon.

If this means you don't want me to post what I watched and the results thereof, then I won't. Kinda makes this thread pointless.....

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I will not post the results but the young girl who lives across the street from us made the finals in the SlopeStyle snowboarding event that was held today. Congratulations to Karly Shorr.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Latest Medal Count!

image.jpg

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I am not sure I get Slope style. It takes the elegant art of skiing and turns it into flying skateboarding. It's not fish nor fowl. What's everyone think about it?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I am not sure I get Slope style. It takes the elegant art of skiing and turns it into flying skateboarding. It's not fish nor fowl. What's everyone think about it?

I actually quite like it. It has some very interesting and different elements to it that require finesse, speed, accuracy. I much prefer it over half-pipe, which I personally find quite boring.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
No you must be thinking of North Korea! :)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Well this morning was a good reason to enjoy Olympic hockey!! Win or lose.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Well this morning was a good reason to enjoy Olympic hockey!! Win or lose.

Sometimes you get lucky...today was one of those days. The Russians were the superior team today and got robbed with that disallowed goal. Quick should have been penalized at the very least for knocking the net almost off its moorings. It's classic Quick.

As an aside, the goal would have counted in the NHL as the net was not completely off it's moorings.

BTW: I'm still pulling for a Canada - U.S.A. final!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Sometimes you get lucky...today was one of those days. The Russians were the superior team today and got robbed with that disallowed goal. Quick should have been penalized at the very least for knocking the net almost off its moorings. It's classic Quick.

As an aside, the goal would have counted in the NHL as the net was not completely off it's moorings.

BTW: I'm still pulling for a Canada - U.S.A. final!

I guess it's fortunate for the US that we were not playing with NHL rules otherwise we wouldn't have been able to use Oshi on 6 of the 8 shootout attempts. Maybe the NHL should change their rules. It sure was a better SO format than in the NHL.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I guess it's fortunate for the US that we were not playing with NHL rules otherwise we wouldn't have been able to use Oshi on 6 of the 8 shootout attempts. Maybe the NHL should change their rules. It sure was a better SO format than in the NHL.

Agreed, that was weird wasn't it? :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

I like that SO format better as well. I'm all for change if it benefits the sport.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Canada-Finland about to start! This is gonna be a cracker of hockey game.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing