Microsoft picks internal candidate for CEO position

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
As I heard from inside Microsoft they picked an internal candidate, Satya Nadella. Best choice really. No outsider would have lasted a two years without deep knowledge and respect of Microsoft culture. Will be interesting to see how fast Satya learns about the other disciplines he has to manage: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/05/t...gineering-executive-as-new-chief.html?hp&_r=0

I think they realize he needs help in having Bill come out of retirement partially to spend one third of his time at the company. I suspect that will have a larger impact than selection of Satya as CEO.

Sadly, I have no personal experience with Satya. Our paths never crossed while I was there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing