Why Tube Amps Sound Different (and better) Than SS Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
It's the same group of people arguing the same tired nonsense.

--Ethan

Mr. Winer,

For better or worse, you are part of that "group of people" because it takes two people to have a discussion when there is disagreement about any topic at hand. As you are well aware, the same thing has been said about you arguing the same tired nonsense. The appreciation of audio and musical reproduction is inherently subjective and simply cannot be quantified by measurements.

You apparently also eschew / deny any responsibility for the tone and substance of this discussion that has occurred on this thread and others of a similar nature. That's astounding and is not, IMHO, based in reality.

Why you can't understand these obvious paradoxes is frankly beyond my comprehension.

I suggested this thread be closed to end this circular discussion. I think everyone is tired of this age old, never to be resolved, subjective versus objective conflict. Each has it's place and I will say for one final time, it's very unfortunate that you cannot accept this obvious disparity in views and perspective and continue to believe that you are right and those that disagree with you are wrong.

That's the issue Mr. Winer, pure and simple.

Congratulations on your upcoming performance and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

GG

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sure, but they're not music videos. I bet Sugar Sugar by The Archies sold more copies than anything you ever worked on! Which shows how ridiculous it is for you to equate recording credits to audio knowledge, which you started.

Yet you never apply the same criticism to Myles or any of the other Ethan-bashers here. Talk about a double standard! Who here has had peer-reviewed papers published in a professional journal? Have you? Has Myles? Rockitman? The Dude? Atma-Sphere? Do you really think one must have that in order for their opinions to be considered? Can you not see the fallacy and hypocrisy of your position? I'm sure you believe your own body of work speaks for itself, as do I for mine. So please let's stop the ridiculous practice of demanding credentials, and stick to the actual subject at hand. Thank you.

--Ethan

Who here calls themselves "Science Man?"

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Sure, but they're not music videos. I bet Sugar Sugar by The Archies sold more copies than anything you ever worked on! Which shows how ridiculous it is for you to equate recording credits to audio knowledge, which you started.

Yet you never apply the same criticism to Myles or any of the other Ethan-bashers here. Talk about a double standard! Who here has had peer-reviewed papers published in a professional journal? Have you? Has Myles? Rockitman? The Dude? Atma-Sphere? Do you really think one must have that in order for their opinions to be considered? Can you not see the fallacy and hypocrisy of your position? I'm sure you believe your own body of work speaks for itself, as do I for mine. So please let's stop the ridiculous practice of demanding credentials, and stick to the actual subject at hand. Thank you.

--Ethan

Actually Ethan, I have. Over 30 peer reviewed publications including such prestigious publications such as Cancer Research. Have you?????

And a number of academic fellowships and The Hoffman-LaRoche Award in Clinical Sciences for my PhD thesis.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay gentlemen, it's time to close the thread.

The WBF would advise all parties to not engage themselves in discussions where it is blatantly clear that differences of opinion will not ever be resolved. We have cut some slack on this thread to see if it would resolve itself. They did not. Please note that if these same discussions simply move to another thread, heavy handed moderation may occur and certain members may not like the end result. The management team prefers to rule with a gentle hand but at times, if we must, we will be immediate and strong with our actions.

Where possible, please avoid generalizations which create heated arguments. Please don’t say “all amps sound the same” but rather, “all the amps I have heard sound the same to me.” Following this rule not only makes for a calmer atmosphere, but also saves you hours and days of aggravation while you try to defend your point of view!

Please do not attempt to moderate the forum on your own. If you see objectionable posts, please report them. We will deal with them. Above all, focus on the topic being discussed, rather than the person discussing it.

Our goal is to have a friendly place where everyone shares ideas and information without the level of bickering and angst that other forums tend to create. Cordial participation is a key requisite of being a member in our forum. If in our opinion you are violating this rule, administrative action may be taken which may include termination of your membership and deletion of your posts with or without notice. In that case, our decisions are not subject to debate.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing