Superb Wilson Service

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The thread in the Magico forum made me reflect back on what happened to me about 5yr. ago.

I had purchased a used Wilson WatchDog II sub from someone on Audiogon. I had been using it for about a year when for some reason it started ratttling. Found out it was a blown driver.
Called my local Wilson Dealer, Definitive, and they told me to bring the sub to them. I crated the beast and took it to them. The unit was definitely out of warranty and I was the second owner. I was just going to pay them for the parts/work.
Wilson/Definitive replaced the driver at no charge and brought the unit back to me and set it up!

I know Mep has touted the merits of Krell and others have chimed in on other great companies. Manufacturers are supposed to stand behind their equipment, but something like these examples show how some go above and beyond what any others would normally do.

Things like this stick with you and a solid relationship started from there. Support your local dealer people. It will work out for you in the long run!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I love to hear stories like this. It restores some faith in our hobby when you have companies that go above and beyond what they have to do in order to keep a customer happy. I'm sure it pays off with future sales and Bruce is proof of that.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Well I sure we all have stories where manufacturers have replaced defective or damaged parts. I've had companies overnight me equipment, but it's the stories where the manufacturer has no obligation what so ever to support their equipment that intrigues me the most.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Someone with the authority needs to start a new thread so all these companies can be commended for their superb customer service.
Done. Pls post!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well I sure we all have stories where manufacturers have replaced defective or damaged parts. I've had companies overnight me equipment, but it's the stories where the manufacturer has no obligation what so ever to support their equipment that intrigues me the most.
Agree...when I had 14 yr old equipment, some manufacturers made me feel just as much a priority as someone who had something new under warranty. I have stayed with those firms and upgraded to latest reference levels. Started a new thread.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I can think of these companies that have personally provided exemplary service.
Pass Labs
Wilson Audio
Allnic Audio
Aerial Acoustics
PS Audio
Nordost
Madrigal Labs until Harmon came into the picture.

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
I can think of these companies that have personally provided exemplary service.
Pass Labs
Wilson Audio
Allnic Audio
Aerial Acoustics
PS Audio
Nordost
Madrigal Labs until Harmon came into the picture.

Rose at Madrigal was the best. I would add Kal at Audio Research on the list

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Etymotic Research doesn't say so anywhere, but apparently they offer a lifetime warranty on their earphones. A couple of years ago I had my broken 12 yr. old phones replaced for the cost of one-way (me to them) shipping.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing