Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
which one is Nick Doshi:confused:

We all recognize John Curl :)

Hahahahahaha!

Keep up your good work Nick and someday someone will post a picture with you and say the same thing!

Steve Williams

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
See, it's happened already!

Too bad Jim will never allow his pic to be posted. He loves Nick's new tape pre too.

I don't have tape :(

Nick,

The guy from the Philippines is my big brother :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Neither did I until I saw it. I didn't even know what it was because it looked different having meters while others I'd seen posted here didn't. Apparently this was built for him after RMAF. Sounded great with his 820. I have a pic in my phone somewhere.

Steve Williams

Neither did I until I saw it. I didn't even know what it was because it looked different having meters while others I'd seen posted here didn't. Apparently this was built for him after RMAF. Sounded great with his 820. I have a pic in my phone somewhere.

Wow

so brother Jim gets the first one with the meters and the rest of us have to wait ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I really don't know the story. Jim has been extremely busy lately. That's usually the case from October to March so we don't get to hang out as much. We did have a family get together at his place and that is where I spied it. Jim likes to do his own calibration so he always asks for meters. It's the same with his KC that he uses with his 80. I think all Arias have their own meters to begin with? So I'm not really sure if his tape pre is the same as yours but with meters or Nick's new one. Since he said he got it after RMAF, my assumption is that it is the new one. I might be wrong though. I'm a bit of a dolt when it comes to Tape. Jim grew up with it and had been using R2R since the early 80s and got back into it because of all of you! Now he'll kill me because I'm giving away our age difference! LOL!

jdza

May 3, 2010
The person on the right is an industry person, I am having trouble recalling his name.

ID says Randy Patton. Former owner of PS Audio,President of Threshold and later marketing manager for JBL Pro.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing