Anyone listened to the S3?

BiggusD

Nov 10, 2013
Has anyone here has a chance to listen to the new S3s? Any impressions if so?

Thanks.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Only heard it at CES, and was impressed as well.
In spite of the different construction method, it didn't sound that much different (or worse) than the S5.

alexandre

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
I listened to them extensively at CES and really enjoyed them. They were especially nice in the Soulution room.... so after the show I stole them...

Here they are in my room at the Venetian:

IMG_0772-1.jpg

We have this pair on display for another few weeks and expect our demos around the end of February. At this point I've had considerable time with them in a familiar setting and can say that this is one of the best Magico speakers I've ever heard and, all things considered (including price and aesthetics), one of the best on the market today. They are incredibly coherent (more so than the S5) and have very articulate bass that reaches deep. All that in a package that isn't much larger than the S1... I'm really loving them.

Magico / Boulder event at the shop tomorrow evening so I'm looking forward to attendee impressions. As far as I know we are one of the only dealers in the world with a pair on display.

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
I listened to them extensively at CES and really enjoyed them. They were especially nice in the Soulution room.... so after the show I stole them...

Here they are in my room at the Venetian:

View attachment 13721

We have this pair on display for another few weeks and expect our demos around the end of February. At this point I've had considerable time with them in a familiar setting and can say that this is one of the best Magico speakers I've ever heard and, all things considered (including price and aesthetics), one of the best on the market today. They are incredibly coherent (more so than the S5) and have very articulate bass that reaches deep. All that in a package that isn't much larger than the S1... I'm really loving them.

Magico / Boulder event at the shop tomorrow evening so I'm looking forward to attendee impressions. As far as I know we are one of the only dealers in the world with a pair on display.

Gee, a Magico dealer loves them.....LOL

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
I listened to them both at CES (Soulution, Vitus) and in Magico music room (Vitus, Constellation) where they were playing them when I visited. I agree they sounded impressive (and of course much more impressive in a dedicated room at Magico facilities than in an hotel room).
Very coherent speaker. The medium in particular was very sweet and transparent. Broad, precise imaging. Bass is excellent, in particular given the limited footprint of the speaker. Speaker finds a sweet spot in Magico range. I assume that people with a large room wanting the ultimate bass slam would still prefer the S5 and people wanting (like me) the Ultimate transparency would still go for a Q.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing