Milano Italy
HI Joel!
I think you will be happy with the G1.
:)

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
I think so.
They already deliver an amazing soundstage. I do not remember having ever listened such wide, high and effortless stereo image at home, even with the Magnepan 20.7...

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Some changes i did some months ago.
The Kondo amplifiers from the Apologues (now with all Goldmund electronics) are now with the GiYa.

IMG_4690.jpg

Reactions: hogen

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Hi Joel.
i prefer this match.
It seemed to me incredible what happened but low frequencies (perhaps is the room? I don't know) now are faster but still deep and better controlled.
Instruments (like violin or piano) and voices have got a better sensation of not reproduced, and to "be there".
When i started this test (i was pushed by a friend to do it) i was convinced that it could not work well and now i have completely changed my opinion about.
I never beleived to tell this, but at the moment is the best mach i have made with Vivid (in that location of course).

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
Hi Joel.
i prefer this match.
It seemed to me incredible what happened but low frequencies (perhaps is the room? I don't know) now are faster but still deep and better controlled.
Instruments (like violin or piano) and voices have got a better sensation of not reproduced, and to "be there".
When i started this test (i was pushed by a friend to do it) i was convinced that it could not work well and now i have completely changed my opinion about.
I never beleived to tell this, but at the moment is the best mach i have made with Vivid (in that location of course).

Ciao Pepe57,

I just know what the Gakuon 2 can deliver on low sensitivity speakers, then it's not completely surprising as far as I am concerned...
I never had the opportunity to listen to this early version... I think there are very few amplifiers like yours available all around the world. Lucky owner !

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Thx Joel.
Yes this is the only one copy ever made by Kondo who kept them for his personal use and to take them to different shows.
Then they were reviewed around 1993 by Ken Kessler at this link:
http://hometheaterreview.com/audio-note-gaku-on-monoblock-power-amplifiers-reviewed/
And after i bought them (as i knew P.Q. who was distributor of ANJ).
Tubes are 845 United Electronics (to find 4 matched was really difficult!)

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
IMG_3472.JPG

Sàkuma 300B/845 replace Kondo Gakuon 845.
It seems to me they have more dynamics and materic sound and a little less finesse on very high frequencies.

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Forget about the components - THAT CABINET! Beautiful.

It is made in Italy and the name is:
"Good Vibrations"....
I had to buy it!

Reactions: adamaley

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing