My System 3

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
In this video there are also some others, but the system concerned is that with Technics SL 1000 turntable and the Sàkuma + FAL

Last edited:

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Turntable and tonearm are now changed i am using instead of Technics sl1000 a Amaltea (by Thesis Audio) + Pluto Tonearm (and AN UK IO LTD Cartridge).

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Unfortunately i have to give a very bad news.
My dear friend Pepe 57 ( Pietro ),died few days ago at 63 years old.

He lived 40 minutes from my home and we were friend since 1980
He had a big passion and own always 4 system in his big house,always with top components.
I remember in 1982 i brought to him a Power amp Roger Grodinsky to try on bass of his Magneplanar Tympany 8 panels
We met always one time each month in my home or his home to try some and many dinner and days spent together with Yamamura,Shindo,Sakuma,Imai,Endo,YB Andre,and many others,together to the show and demo in some shop.
We are all shocked and is a big lost for all of us.

In last years he had heart problems and last saturday he had a fatal heart attack

But this is the life and we have to go on

R.I.P. dear friend Pietro.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

He had a big passion and own always 4 system in his big house,always with top components.
I remember in 1982 i brought to him a Power amp Roger Grodinsky to try on bass of his Magneplanar Tympany 8 panels
We met always one time each month in my home or his home to try some and many dinner and days spent together with Yamamura,Shindo,Sakuma,Imai,Endo,YB Andre,and many others,together to the show and demo in some shop.

In last years he had heart problems and last saturday he had a fatal heart attack

Ciao Gian - very sorry to hear of this news and at such young age. Wish his family and you all the very best.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your friend :(
All the best and strength for you and Pietro's family and friends.
63 is definitely too young to die :mad:

Last edited:

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy

I must say that this was a very very bad news, totally unexpected. Italian forumers are ALL extremely sad about the loss of Pepe57.
R.I.P.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Hi Gian,

It was indeed sad to hear. I was blessed to visit him thrice. He, like you, was extremely humble, and was an excellent listener and teacher. He never imposed his taste.

The two of you grew up sharing the hobby for 40 years and at its forefront discovering gear. You will miss him incredibly.

The Yamamura he owned remains my favorite speaker

Last edited:

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Dear Gianluigi,
These are awful news, I'm very saddened to hear of your loss of your good friend.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am very sorry to learn of the passing of Pietro.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing