My system 2

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
This is the one with Goldmund Apologue and Versa, Shindo shoud stay in the sistem with Montagna but i can't put it on that tread.

xk8l.jpg

644i.jpg

img0001ac.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I would give my left huevo to hear this system. I bet it kicks ass

How long have you had the Goldmund speakers

+1...fantastic stuff! BTW, what kind of camera are you using to get such clear closeups of your cartridges? I know 0 about cameras, only having just bought a decent one last month...hence the question.

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
The Apologue are in my house from 1 year, before, in the same place i used different speakers at same time but there was a lot of confusion.... so when the good ocacsion arrived, i made a trade with a dealer and gave all these speakers to buy the Goldund.

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
I don't remember now but it should be an old analogic swiss ALPA 11e camera or perhaps a new digital Nikon.
:)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I don't remember now but it should be an old analogic swiss ALPA 11e camera or perhaps a new digital Nikon.

Thanks...we just got a new Nikon digital and Nikon lens and are enjoying it. enjoy your fantastic systems! ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Apologue are in my house from 1 year, before, in the same place i used different speakers at same time but there was a lot of confusion.... so when the good ocacsion arrived, i made a trade with a dealer and gave all these speakers to buy the Goldund.

Pepe all of your systems are ones in which all of us would be content with but one

which is your favorite and which do you listen to the most

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We are in the process of building a new Goldmund exclusive showroom in Manhattan. We will have the Apologue speakers installed once the showroom is open, which will probably about six months or so.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
This is the one with Goldmund Apologue and Versa, Shindo shoud stay in the sistem with Montagna but i can't put it on that tread...

Wow! very nice indeed. How would you compare the versa 2.0 to the GP audio Monaco/graham 'table?

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
It is always difficult to chose one system each one has something i love.
But if i was compelled to chose just one, i will chose the System with Montagna Spark 3 CF.
This because, i think that they can reproduce pratically every kind of music better than the others (i mean other can reproduce only a stricto range of kind of music, or a range tha is smaller compared to Montagna's).
i have (of course on some single parameters or a single kind of music, o can prefer one or another, but
no other of my systems can reproduce so well so meny kind of music having so many parameters at this
level all togheter).
If Montagna was not there, i think it will be Goldmund Apologue and Vivid G1 in competition.
But Montagna is there and i can drive it simply using a 8 watt Single ended 300B (or more of course) obtaining what, for me,
is a very good sound quality and quantity, This in a room of about 90 squared meters. With a dynamic (macro an micro), speed and,
for me the most important factor,"being there" (i don't have the orchestra in my room, i am in the concert hall) so natural that i soon
forget the system and feeel taken by music.

Last edited:

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Wow! very nice indeed. How would you compare the versa 2.0 to the GP audio Monaco/graham 'table?

It seems to me that they work on different approach. Versa is air and spring suspended, so it research isolation from vibration coming from sourroundings.
Its tonearm so short, the vaccum to make the record perfectly mater with plate and flattened (as tonearm is so short it's important for VTA) makes its attacks very strong and fast, fantastic dynamics.
Monaco GP and Grahm work in the opposite way and research to mate with sourronding (the flat) and make vibrations go out quickly.
Monaco GP works also in the direction of speed stabiliti of rotation.
Also this offers good results but it can be more affected by acoustic feedback so it's important to pay attention to the base to use with.
I think the result is a little less dynamic than Versa but tonality are kept a little better, the pivot arm is not as perfect in reading as
the tangential Versa, so some very little things could be lost. For that reason i matched, and i suggest, with Versa a more "romantic"
(just a very little bit) Kondo IOM, and on Monaco GP a little little more detailed and dynamic ZYX. Of course you have to undersyand that for me is cery difficult to explain that i am seaking of very little difference between the two system turntables/cartridge/tonearm/Phono preamp as music is one, and i have just one way to feel it, i like the possibility to have some little differences, but it must stay in the little. :)

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Now (as Gakuon are used in the system at the lake) i am using Goldumd Telos and Mimesis to drive the Apologue (and i have mounted a Ikeda cartridge insetti aof the Kondo IOM that is in use with Montagna).

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
IMG_3723.JPG

Goldmund Mimesis 22H + PH3.8 preamps with Swiss Physics 12A power amp.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
How do you like the new phono preamp and line stage? Very high end products.

Last edited:

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
I try to explain but probably, as my english is not good enough i will not be able to do.
I like these two preamps very much.
I feel they have increased by far the final result of the whole system.
Better impression to "be there" and the general feeling is that everything has the right voice, weight and place.

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
IMG_4342.JPG

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Apologue.jpg

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: bonzo75

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing