My systems 1

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Here is my single drive full range speaker made by Bé Yamamura.

dionisio1bis.jpg

yamrackbis.jpg

monacogpbis.jpg

fm122bis.jpg

s6dc.jpg

Reactions: hogen

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Welcome Pepe! That is a one of kind system!

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Thank you for your kind words and please frogive my mistakes (i don't speak english very well).
:)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Pepe57 and welcome to the WBF. Nice system you have there. I am curious as to why you have two benches in the direct path of the speakers. Is there a specific reason for this?

Tom

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Great system. Welcome to the best forum on the ole' net.

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
No specific reason, in these chests are stocked some LP.
Pietro

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Thank you Peter & William.
Pietro

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
@ZZTOP7:
the con e was hand made by Bé Yamamura in Japanese drawing paper. The interessino thing is that, for Be Yamamura, this cone, to reproduce more frequencies than possible, must be as lighter as possible. To do this Be designed it without periferica suspension. The black you see around the con e in reality is made in a strange kind of very light paper (it seems toilet black paper) just to push air into the back horn.

2wib.jpg

The cone is kept in the right position by some thin wires in carbon roughly in an hexagon position working like a F1 suspension.

IMGP0006.jpg

This is the 4^ series of the Cantus speaker (the driver is 150mm diameter).
In the beginning there were 2 possibilities, 200 mm and 150 mm, but speaking with Be Yamamura i preferred the 150 mm.
The first version was different, the suspension was made by carbon fibers rings and the paper was washi paper.
There was not the "toilet paper" to push air in bach horn, this caused a loss in dept and level of low frequencies.

Here is the pic of the 1^ 150 mm (around 6 inches i think) Cantus speaker that were used on the Dionisio 27.

You can see the difference of the color of the paper and that there is no periferic suspension but just the carbon fiber rings.

Pietro

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Pepe57 wrote: "The cone is kept in the right position by some thin wires in carbon roughly in an hexagon position working like a F1 suspension."

So it has a pull-rod suspension [vs. push-rod suspension used by most other teams] similar to what is on Fernando's & Kimi's 2014 Ferrari F1 cars [and years before also].
Very, very interesting & looks like a Great Driver.

40+ years ago many speaker manufacturers produced very light paper cones that went all the way to the basket glue area. No cloth. A famous one was the ElectroVoice SRO. 12 inch [305mm] / 25 pounds [11.4 Kilograms] due to the Alnico mangnet.

Best to you,
zz

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Wow, simply marvelous!

On a side note, I am available for adoption...;)

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Thanx for all of you.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Before adoption you might have to legally disclose Boston/Berklee cost factors...;) or are you running away from home? ;)

zz

Shhh! Need to keep this quiet...

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Excuse my english but...
i am trying to traslate: " Before adoption you might have to legally disclose Boston/Berklee cost factors... or are you running away from home? "

and i am not able to give it a meaning.
Is it a sentence that has a pericolar translation perhaps?

Pietro

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Excuse my english but...
i am trying to traslate: " Before adoption you might have to legally disclose Boston/Berklee cost factors... or are you running away from home? "

and i am not able to give it a meaning.
Is it a sentence that has a pericolar translation perhaps?

Pietro

Pietro --

zztop7 is having a little fun with me. I'm the proud father of a music student at The Berklee School of Music in Boston (http://www.berklee.edu/). Like many colleges here is the US, the size of the tuition bill is akin to the numbers typically used in astrophysics (but worth every penny).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing