My systems

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
4 are located where i usually live and one in the house on the lake where i spend some holidays and WE.
Here theone with Montagna Speakers:

um4f.jpg

img0166kg.jpg

18vv.jpg

montagna9bis.jpg

Attachments

• img05541.jpg
    img05541.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,809

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
All your systems look beautiful! Congratulations. Thanks for joining and...bienvenuto!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thank for posting your system ! The Jan Allaert's cartridges are very special...hard to amplify...but special sounding. What model Allaerts?

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Thanks to you for the welcome, that, i believe, is perfect english traduction of the italian "benvenuto".
:)

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
MC2 Formula 1.
Why you think they are hard to amplify? I am using without particular problems an Accuphase 300 preamp with its standard MC phono imput.
Or do you mean the match with the tonearm is hard to find?
Pietro

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
MC2 Formula 1.
Why you think they are hard to amplify? I am using without particular problems an Accuphase 300 preamp with its standard MC phono imput.
Or do you mean the match with the tonearm is hard to find?
Pietro

Hi hard to amplify...needs a phono stage with about 70db of quiet gain and ability to handle a internal cartridge impedance of about 32 ohms and loading around 845. Which is usually tough for most tube phono stages and SUT's. Most solid state phono stages seem ok...

The Jan Allaert's are fantastic...how they portray resolution so very naturally in quite a dementional sound stage.

I have not heard the MC1 Formula...I love my MC2 Finish!

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
Ah ok, for trasformers and tube preamp it is not so easy but witha good trasformer the result can be very interesting.
The MC2 Formula 1,in my idea, is a good cartridge and can be well used with wood tonearms that smooth a little some high frequencies that, especially with female vices, or instruments like clarinet, piccolo, oboe and so on could be just a little bit more pointy that in the reality of a liric/symphonic concert hall (a part, for what i know, the north europeans ones). In any case this parameter can be well used to reach a desired goal (for example if a systems must be "opened"). Also the extreme, in my opinion, speed and dynamic make attacks and release harmonic and naturally detailed and present. Always, in my opinion.
Pietro

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
I did some changes in this system.
The first change was the preamplifier, now i am using a Shindo Mombrison as i preferred the richer sound (in middle and extreme bass) coming out with this preamp.
I found just a little too sweet the high frequencies with this match.
So the second was to try a SS amp and i replaced the Audio Tekne 8501 with a Goldmund Mimesis 8 (more powerful and "open" in high, and more cheap too) and this final sound is really "my" sound, so i ma very happy with it.
So now i "play" with the Shindo WE300 B Ltd and Audio Tekné 8501 with the system with Yamamura and Goldmund Speakers (and also with the FAL one) while the Accuphase preamp is actually in a corner not used at all.

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
I forgot to say that in 2015 Montagna replaced the boxes of the Spark 3 CF with bigger ones (you can see some pics in Gian60 thread).

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
IMG_3542.JPG

Pepe57

Jan 25, 2014
Milano Italy
I took it just for the looking but it also sounds great.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing