REW with Calibrated Dayton UMM-6 on Mac - What are the settings?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Does anyone know what the Room Eq Wizard preferences settings, or any other settings, need to be for measuring using a calibrated (Cross-Spectrum) Dayton UMM-6 on a Mac? Thanks!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I was under the impression you can't use a USB mic with this software. I also have a Dayton mic, but there is no way to do a loop back test with the mic for calibration as you can with an outboard mic/pre/interface.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Yes, it does work with my Dayton mic. The mic does not come with a calibration file, but I believe I read that you can contact Dayton with your s/n and get the file.

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have been using the calibrated UMM-6 very successfully with REW since Amir referred to it in WBF, but I am using a Windows laptop.

caesar

May 30, 2010
I have been using the calibrated UMM-6 very successfully with REW since Amir referred to it in WBF, but I am using a Windows laptop.

Hi Microstrip,

Do you mind sharing the settings you are using on Windows? I will try to get this going on a Windows laptop or on MS Surface. Also, what kind of cable/ connection do you need from your laptop to the preamp?

I have 10,001 things on my to do list, and this information will be a huge time saver. Thanks Much!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi Microstrip,

Do you mind sharing the settings you are using on Windows? I will try to get this going on a Windows laptop or on MS Surface. Also, what kind of cable/ connection do you need from your laptop to the preamp?

I have 10,001 things on my to do list, and this information will be a huge time saver. Thanks Much!

Surely. As soon as possible I will make some screen captures of the configuration screens. I am using a 5m home built 3.5mm jack stereo jack to 2 RCA phono adapter, see photo.
Did you download the calibration file for your microphone?

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 585

scooter

Dec 25, 2013
I am using a Mac but I bought a behringer usb mic pre ($50) too... works like a charm.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing