SR HFT + FEQ ... Voodoo or ???

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
These little thingies are 8mm in diameter and 8mm tall with a funnel cut into one side.

Just for kicks one night, I cut an 8mm diameter dowel 8mm tall and tacked it onto my speaker--just so you can get the order of magnitude.

The frontal area of one of these babies is 50.2 square millimeters.
There are 92,400 square millimeters in a square foot, so there are about 1840 of these HFT's per square foot.
The frontal area of a dime is 227 square millimeters.
Do you get how timy these things are???????
A dime is 4.5 times bigger than these HFT's

Here is a blow up of one:

This is how they look compared to a couple of fuses so you get the size magnitude:

Here is one tacked onto the front of my midrange/tweeter tower as seen from a position CLOSER to the speaker than I sit when listening.
PUT YOUR GLASSES ON. It is just to the left of the red bar.
In order for a device to do room treatment, it has to be an appreciable size and cover a certain number of square feet.

Here's a closeup in case you missed it in the first photo

Here is one on a ruler so you can see how big it is

At 1840 of these per square foot, how many tens or hundreds of thousands of these does a person need to make a difference in the sound in a room, let alone one that is 6000 cubic feet?

I'm sorry, but these are just hilarious!

Attachments

• HFT blow-up.jpg
    HFT blow-up.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 195
  • HFT 5 pack.jpg
    HFT 5 pack.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 190
  • full view.jpg
    full view.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 195
  • close-up.jpg
    close-up.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 190
  • ruler.jpg
    ruler.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Ok I lied, I set foot in the room at closing of the show Sunday while waiting for the raffle.

How come they STILL will not turn the Tranquility platforms off and on WITH the music playing. They always mute the music and talk a bit, build them up, while switching them off and on, then un mute and act all amazed and astonished. They even had a ringer in the audience.

I would love to hear the soundstage collapse around me.

Instead I heard nothing.

I am surprised so many major manufacturers would let their image be associated with the product.

Any takers at T.H.E. Show...

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
These little thingies are 8mm in diameter and 8mm tall with a funnel cut into one side.

Just for kicks one night, I cut an 8mm diameter dowel 8mm tall and tacked it onto my speaker--just so you can get the order of magnitude.

The frontal area of one of these babies is 50.2 square millimeters.
There are 92,400 square millimeters in a square foot, so there are about 1840 of these HFT's per square foot.
The frontal area of a dime is 227 square millimeters.
Do you get how timy these things are???????
A dime is 4.5 times bigger than these HFT's

Here is a blow up of one:

This is how they look compared to a couple of fuses so you get the size magnitude:

Here is one tacked onto the front of my midrange/tweeter tower as seen from a position CLOSER to the speaker than I sit when listening.
PUT YOUR GLASSES ON. It is just to the left of the red bar.
In order for a device to do room treatment, it has to be an appreciable size and cover a certain number of square feet.

Here's a closeup in case you missed it in the first photo

Here is one on a ruler so you can see how big it is

At 1840 of these per square foot, how many tens or hundreds of thousands of these does a person need to make a difference in the sound in a room, let alone one that is 6000 cubic feet?

I'm sorry, but these are just hilarious!

Gary

You don't seem to understand/hear/notice how it works because your system is not resolving enough ... :p ..:D

Great Post!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Ok I lied, I set foot in the room at closing of the show Sunday while waiting for the raffle.

How come they STILL will not turn the Tranquility platforms off and on WITH the music playing. They always mute the music and talk a bit, build them up, while switching them off and on, then un mute and act all amazed and astonished. They even had a ringer in the audience.

I would love to hear the soundstage collapse around me.

Instead I heard nothing.

I am surprised so many major manufacturers would let their image be associated with the product.

Any takers at T.H.E. Show...

The reason is obvious. If they did as you suggest, the crowds would hear no difference.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I would describe Anne's music as pleasant.She is an awfully nice woman however. There are a couple of nice tunes but they are mostly just audiophile records, i.e. very nice sonics and so-so music. I feel the same way about Lyn Stanley. She has promise no doubt, but would be much better served playing as many gigs as she can in some jazz clubs around the country, rather than just showing up at hi-fi shows and singing to her record trying to get people to buy equipment. The event at Axpona on that Saturday afternoon was awful, with the speakers breaking up like Rice Krispies after milk has been added to the bowl. She has a very limited range but has great arrangements that fit her voice beautifully. But, you only get better getting out on the road.

+1...

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Gary

You don't seem to understand/hear/notice how it works because your system is not resolving enough ... :p ..:D

Great Post!
Exactly my thought! :D ... :confused:

BTW, SR offers a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't work for a not resolving enough system. :eek:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing