SR HFT + FEQ ... Voodoo or ???

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I place little quantum resonators on all of Gary's posts. They sound far less harsh now
Like manna from heaven. Gary's post validate the product he blindly berates. Apparently there is a higher power and its not tubes or solid state.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Gee, why would the high-end be in trouble with all these fun and positive audiophiles? I can see why GaryProtein is irritated because facts just get in the way of a good rant. . . .

Facts? What facts? Do you have any data?

If a few of those dime sized things do anything, an independent tester should be able to measure the room response easily with REW or similar equipment.

If you needed an implanted medical device like a pacemaker, would you accept such lame unsubstantiated anecdotal manufacturer's claims or do you think you might want a REAL test with measurements by an independent tester?

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) If a few of those dime sized things do anything, an independent tester should be able to measure the room response easily with REW or similar equipment.

Gary,

I have no experience with the exact products debated in this thread, but I can assure you that when I change cables, capacitors types keeping the same values or after one hour warmup the sound of my system changes significantly and my measuring system using REW does not detect any significant change.

More seriously, the quoted affirmation also suggests that you do not know about the technicalities and limitations associated with the use of REW acoustic measuring system. Did you ever take measurements using REW?

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Another classic, impassioned exchange between the subjectivists and the objectivists.

IMHO, both sides have their merits as well as their weaknesses.

May I humbly suggest that those folks who are measurement / data based refrain from calling a product, whatever it is (including related cost) crap or other equivalent derogatory terms. Those that respectively disagree (and find merit to the product in question and / or can hear the impact of the product) will take this as a personal insult on their integrity and react accordingly. No surprise there.

I really try to not "judge" people. It's similar to folks that hold fervent, inflexible religious beliefs and will claim that those who disagree are ill informed, mentally challenged, and are destined to experience some very unpleasant repercussions for not adhering to someone else's dogma.

Just treat each other with respect and accept that there will always be differences of opinion.

Pretty simple really.

GG

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Another classic, impassioned exchange between the subjectivists and the objectivists.

IMHO, both sides have their merits as well as their weaknesses.

May I humbly suggest that those folks who are measurement / data based refrain from calling a product, whatever it is (including related cost) crap or other equivalent derogatory terms. Those that respectively disagree (and find merit to the product in question and / or can hear the impact of the product) will take this as a personal insult on their integrity and react accordingly. No surprise there.

I really try to not "judge" people. It's similar to folks that hold fervent, inflexible religious beliefs and will claim that those who disagree are ill informed, mentally challenged, and are destined to experience some very unpleasant repercussions for not adhering to someone else's dogma.

Just treat each other with respect and accept that there will always be differences of opinion.

Pretty simple really.

GG

The basis of almost all our troubles here on WBF.

Lee

VFA

May 24, 2015
Is Ted Denny for real or a snake oil salesman. My only experience with his products is 3 sets of 5 HFT's. Which do not work

VFA

May 24, 2015
I do not believe that you have to be able to measure a difference for there to be a difference. But if you cannot measure a difference or hear a difference then there probably is no difference. That's my comment on HFT's. I excepted other people think they work. I'm just wondering whether there is significant opinion on his other products.I really don't want to spend another $900-$1000 to find out that something doesn't work.The money back guarantee you only have a total of 30 days from the time they are shipped to the time they receive them back to get your money back. It took me longer to figure out that they really did not make a difference.

VFA

May 24, 2015
On another note am I the only one who feels Anne Bisson cannot sing and her lyrics are atrocious . The sound is good but can't stomach the music

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I would describe Anne's music as pleasant.She is an awfully nice woman however. There are a couple of nice tunes but they are mostly just audiophile records, i.e. very nice sonics and so-so music. I feel the same way about Lyn Stanley. She has promise no doubt, but would be much better served playing as many gigs as she can in some jazz clubs around the country, rather than just showing up at hi-fi shows and singing to her record trying to get people to buy equipment. The event at Axpona on that Saturday afternoon was awful, with the speakers breaking up like Rice Krispies after milk has been added to the bowl. She has a very limited range but has great arrangements that fit her voice beautifully. But, you only get better getting out on the road.

RichDavis

Feb 3, 2014
Is Ted Denny for real or a snake oil salesman. My only experience with his products is 3 sets of 5 HFT's. Which do not work

My suggestion is to talk to an acoustic engineer directly since they are trained about room acoustics and they typically measure the room with a variety of measurement techniques. If you really want to spend your money, you can get a relatively inexpensive measurement mike, some room measurement software,etc. and then a good SPL meter and you can take your own measurements, send them to an acoustic engineer and they can tell you what you might need in your room where you'll definitely hear a difference.

There are a variety of room treatment mfg that have a variety of products so, give them a call and see what they say about what you actually need.

The acoustic engineer I've talked to will only deal with proven technology that have been tested by 3rd party independent testing labs that can prove by measuring the room acoustics in a before and after scenario. if you can't measure any difference, then it's probably a safe bet that it's just unproven technology and not worth buying. It's a shame some companies don't provide independent testing when it comes to room treatment. I don't know of any professional acoustic engineer that recommends these HFT products, if you know of any, then they can should be able to show room measurements to prove the technology. But i have yet to see any. I've asked, but none have provided such information, so until I see tangible proof that the technology actually will change (improve) room acoustics that's measurable, then I will stay away from the product. Testimonials are just subjective, but with room acoustics, I would get objective measurements so I at least know what they problem they are actually going to fix.

First figure out what your budget is, then talk to an acoustic engineer that looks at various measurements to figure out what the biggest issues are and what's going to fit your budget. There is no magical product that fixes everything, there are products that do specific things and you have to figure out what your room actually needs.

Last edited:

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
I've actually measured these resonator things, and you can see a very minor difference in the measurements (fractions of a dB). They are definitely not cleaning up the sound or magically solving room acoustic issues. They are adding a coloration. Think of them like bells. Some people might like the coloration. Anything that adds coloration isn't something I want in my system!

RichDavis

Feb 3, 2014
I've actually measured these resonator things, and you can see a very minor difference in the measurements (fractions of a dB). They are definitely not cleaning up the sound or magically solving room acoustic issues. They are adding a coloration. Think of them like bells. Some people might like the coloration. Anything that adds coloration isn't something I want in my system!

How many of those things did you use? what was the room dimensions? And did you use that box that "turbo charges" you system?

where there specific frequencies or a frequency range that they were affecting?

Thanks!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I like all the equipment in the Scott Walker Audio room at the show but I wont set foot in it as long as SR is in there.

Had my second extremely poor SR experience at the LAOCAS meeting at SWA. The rest of the meeting was fine with Demos provided, but once again I walked into a room and the guy doing the presentation was getting frustrated because everybody was not hearing this miraculous life changing event the Atmosphere was evidently providing, me being one of them.

That and the room looked like a cheep costume jewelry store with the measles with all the trinket's hanging/stuck to the walls and equipment.

RichDavis

Feb 3, 2014
I like all the equipment in the Scott Walker Audio room at the show but I wont set foot in it as long as SR is in there.

Had my second extremely poor SR experience at the LAOCAS meeting at SWA. The rest of the meeting was fine with Demos provided, but once again I walked into a room and the guy doing the presentation was getting frustrated because everybody was not hearing this miraculous life changing event the Atmosphere was evidently providing, me being one of them.

That and the room looked like a cheep costume jewelry store with the measles with all the trinket's hanging/stuck to the walls and equipment.

Well, that sounds like a testimonial.

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Anything that adds coloration isn't something I want in my system!
Everything in your system or room have some coloration. So what amp, cables ... do you use that are coloration free?

I'm not into tweaks but after watched Avshowrooms HFT review, I bought several packs and surprisingly I heard an improvement. At the time my room was under renovation so walls were bare. Now I'm using Audio Magic Bells ... I always judge audio products with my ear and NOT a slide ruler.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Audio Magic Bells? Do they ring when hit with soundwaves? Frankly, anytime I see the word magic used with audio, I run the other way.

RichDavis

Feb 3, 2014
I personally don't like it when someone markets a product saying that it's Turbo Charging my system. Maybe i want to Super Charge my system, or maybe I want to add a Blower or maybe I want normally aspirated. Or maybe I want to use nitrous. ;-)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing