Studer A80 Counter issues Help me!

tjtmddn2000

Jan 20, 2014
Hello,

I had purchased to Studer A80 VU mk2 (approx 4000 hours)

When I was tested before Buy, No have any problem.

However After Transportation to my home of A80, Have Problem on the Time Counter when Rewind. (No have problems when Playback and Fast Forward. Only have problem when Rewind)

Ex) 03m 10s on Time Counter.
When Rewind, 03m 09s -> 03m 10s -> 03m 10s -> 03m 09s on the Time Counter as continuously.

Please see video on this Problem if have interesting : Studer A80 Time Counter issues

I had disassembled of Top Plate, but don't know anything..

How I do I solve this Problems?

Please help about this problem.

Thank you for reading.

Best Regards,

Curt Palme

Jan 25, 2012
If you are not an electronics technician, stop at this point, and find a tech that knows the A80. It is a very complicated machine. Where are you located?

tjtmddn2000

Jan 20, 2014
Dear Curt Palme,

Thank you for your Reply.

located in South Korea. not exist of Pro Repairman of Reel to Reel Recorder in South Korea as I knew.

Thank you for your Concern.. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing