Constellation Audio

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I was in that very room last Wednesday. That is the listening room of Stella Inc./TechDAS. I have a short video. I'll try to upload it today.

And? Initial thoughts? Thanks!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I had a grand time Lloyd. These guys don't just know how to build great stuff. They know how to USE 'em! :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I had a grand time Lloyd. These guys don't just know how to build great stuff. They know how to USE 'em! :)
Thanks...how do Giya 1s compare in scale to the big boys (such as yours or X2s, etc)? I have heard they are considering making an even larger Giya.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
By my estimation the G1s are just right for a 40 to 50 sqm room. Scale is about the same as a VR-9, Maxx, Altair. I grew up listening to dome midranges. They reminded me why I liked those so. At one point I had Veritas speakers but unfortunately those offerings from Energy were not exactly built to last and broke down a lot. The Hercs were very, very nuanced. Not at all the bully you would expect by their looks. When we got a little rowdy they made the G1's cabinets complain so we had to dial the volume down a bit. We were all chuckling at our collective lapses in the responsibility department, LOL! Easy to go overboard when everything is clean as a whistle. Too bad they had sold out of the Constellation phono pres, I would have liked to listen to a complete Constellation rig. We were using an Einstein instead. Cables were all Argento. We listened only to analog so we weren't able to listen to the CF Precision digital gear.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
The G1 is a large speaker, but considerably less so than the upper end offerings from Wilson, Magico, Rockport, Gryphon etc. I recently heard the G1 during the high end show in Stockholm partnered with a complete Constellation rig and Shunyata cabling. The overall character of Vivid is rather close to Raidho (which I know well) imo. Sweet, delicate and musical with a very impressive soundstage. There were some bass problems (boomy, lack of definition) - probably caused by the room. Some also seems to report that bass control is where there might be some limitations to the (beautiful) Constellation electronics.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
By my estimation the G1s are just right for a 40 to 50 sqm room. Scale is about the same as a VR-9, Maxx, Altair. I grew up listening to dome midranges. They reminded me why I liked those so. At one point I had Veritas speakers but unfortunately those offerings from Energy were not exactly built to last and broke down a lot. The Hercs were very, very nuanced. Not at all the bully you would expect by their looks. When we got a little rowdy they made the G1's cabinets complain so we had to dial the volume down a bit. We were all chuckling at our collective lapses in the responsibility department, LOL! Easy to go overboard when everything is clean as a whistle. Too bad they had sold out of the Constellation phono pres, I would have liked to listen to a complete Constellation rig. We were using an Einstein instead. Cables were all Argento. We listened only to analog so we weren't able to listen to the CF Precision digital gear.

Thanks, Jack. That is really great feedback. I look forward to hearing them at some point in the near future. Truthfully, I am ideally looking for big scale as part of the next big speaker move...things could change, but not at the moment...so I may not be in quite as much a rush to hear these. Thanks again.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The G1 is a large speaker, but considerably less so than the upper end offerings from Wilson, Magico, Rockport, Gryphon etc. I recently heard the G1 during the high end show in Stockholm partnered with a complete Constellation rig and Shunyata cabling. The overall character of Vivid is rather close to Raidho (which I know well) imo. Sweet, delicate and musical with a very impressive soundstage. There were some bass problems (boomy, lack of definition) - probably caused by the room. Some also seems to report that bass control is where there might be some limitations to the (beautiful) Constellation electronics.

Thanks, Hyperion...that helps a little as I have heard the smaller Raidho's. Not at length, but have heard them.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
View attachment 14092

Hercules 2 monos at 100kg each.

Gryphon Mephisto's looks small compared to them.

Great shot...just realized I think this is CuongPham's system who is also on Audiogon? I have never seen this side of the room...always only the system side itself and the turntables along the wall. Assuming i am correct, he used to have horns for a long time...then went thru a series of auditions over years...and ended up with the big Kharmas and Mephistos. Do you know if he is buying the Hercules? If so, will they replace the Mephistos or be added to them?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
1948127_630693953666999_848032705_n.jpg 1964923_630693777000350_1341314451_n.jpg 10004057_630693913667003_976978627_n.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
1236892_630693807000347_1816606981_n.jpg

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Looking at these pictures, there is a LOT of money invested in the cables and the gear, yet the amps and the cables are lying on either the ground or a piece of cheap looking carpet! Hmmm?:eek:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
nor does the centre table look like a dedicated support ...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Beautiful stuff, Wizard. Is this now a permanent arrangement, or is this a comparison between gryphon and Constellation still? Any word on how this sounds? I believe this is Cuong Pham's system out of Vietnam.

Which Kharma Grand is this one?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Think I figured it out...Kharma Exquisite Grand. I have heard they have a new reference Veyron speaker system which seems to include 4+ monos with it...an amplified speaker system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing