Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Constellation Audio

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by analog brother View Post
    maybe that's the 2nd system?

those germans sure have built a lot of aps racks already. they must be flatout working over there!
    They are on the same speaker. He also has the NAT pre (Magnetostat) in there

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I like that NAT Audio Magma New!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 or Koetsu Coralstone (TBD)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Having been spoiled by an afternoon listening to XLF's with Constellation Audio Hercules monos + Altair - by a considerable margin the more realistic sound reproduction I have ever listened of a symphonic orchestra - I always looked at the colder sounding Centaur + Virgo II as the poor parent of the family. However a good friend with who has some experience of the brand told me that the new Centaur II stereo is a much improved amplifier, approaching the more rich sound balance of the Hercules.

Does any one have experience with these new models, preferably having compared both versions?
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , the Forsell Air Force One, the ARC Phono 2SE and the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : ARC REF40 + ARC REF250, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage feet ...

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Having been spoiled by an afternoon listening to XLF's with Constellation Audio Hercules monos + Altair - by a considerable margin the more realistic sound reproduction I have ever listened of a symphonic orchestra - I always looked at the colder sounding Centaur + Virgo II as the poor parent of the family. However a good friend with who has some experience of the brand told me that the new Centaur II stereo is a much improved amplifier, approaching the more rich sound balance of the Hercules.

Does any one have experience with these new models, preferably having compared both versions?
    There was a change to the power supply in the version 2
    This was because of criticisms of the bass

I have heard version 2 centaur and Hercules in Japan, and was struck by natural timbre of string
    This was with a speaker with accuton drivers which I normally consider towards the cool end

I found the sound actually arrestingly good, I didn’t known what was playing, and asked what amplifiers were they
    That was with Accuphase 3800 which I owned at the time which is very vibrant dynamic amplifier if on the correct gain setting which make a big difference

Having said that a knowledgeable dealer told me that constellation had big delivery issues, and he was worried they might be short on cash ?
    "An audiophile is only done when they go to the great brick and mortar store in the sky"

[/B]
    [I]Monaco tt 1.5 triplanar/Xv1
    Bakoon two box phono; step up Cinemag, Altec, FR, RCA
    Halcro DM 8 running current mode
    Bespoke server Roon and HQplayer at dsd2
    Atomic clock to USB aes interface
    Meitner DA2
    Lamm m1.2 or Goldmund 29M
    Morel Fat Ladies
    Bespoke active crossover 5 Subwoofers
    Sony PSX9 XL55 Bakoon phono
    Pioneer PLL1 DV XV1s Esoteric E03/CO2 as output
    Stealth cabling

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by awsmone View Post

Having said that a knowledgeable dealer told me that constellation had big delivery issues, and he was worried they might be short on cash ?
    I would find that hard to believe frankly --as the gentlemen behind Constellation are very well off in their own lives

One lives in Sydney Aust--and the other with the hands on the Purse strings

is in Melbourne.

BruceD

Yes agreed, I was surprised by this comment

But 6 week delays in delivery of base models suggests there are either production or cash flow issues
    "An audiophile is only done when they go to the great brick and mortar store in the sky"

[/B]
    Meitner DA2
    Morel Fat Ladies
    Stealth cabling

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]

But 6 week delays in delivery of base models suggests there are either production or cash flow issues
    Hmmm--I'd like to think the former--I'm not sure whom replaced Peter Madnick at the US helm--and Irving Gross (ex Magico) was recruited.

I've worked in Board assembly for a US based Audio company --and well aware of Parts/supply issues /etc that can arise.

Ah well from some of the delays I hear/read of-- 6 weeks not out of the question

BruceD

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar

That can be simple delivery issue. Lead time on some electronic components can be 8 weeks, and if something goes wrong on the supply side - it can easily double. So a small error on the logistics end or some other unexpected problems and your production can halt.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202 / D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    That can be simple delivery issue. Lead time on some electronic components can be 8 weeks, and if something goes wrong on the supply side - it can easily double. So a small error on the logistics end or some other unexpected problems and your production can halt.
    Yes good point .... but doesn’t instill confidence, but can see that one thing eg caps not delivered buggers everything....

[/B]
    Meitner DA2
    Morel Fat Ladies
    Stealth cabling

The Wilson Alexia 2s with Constellation gear at RMAF was outstanding.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast