Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Synergistic Research HFT

WBF Founding Member/Member Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I just got 2 sets of the HFT to try. I'm curious if current users have existing room treatment. I ask because the recommended locations coexist with room treatment and other items. In my case, I have RPG BAD panels in the middle of the ceiling so while Level 2 suggests the bullet in the center of the ceiling, does that mean I should place it on the face of my panel? Also, for those with flat screens, would having the bullets lower than recommended (or even the 3 bullets not lining up at the same height affect performance)?

Of course, I contacted SR but Ted's kinda vague with his replies (even when I submitted pictures of the room).
    Just put them where you imagine they will sound best and then you can imagine that your room really became much better sounding.

. . . .Of course, I contacted SR but Ted's kinda vague with his replies (even when I submitted pictures of the room).
    I can't imagine why! ROTFLMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Just put them where you imagine they will sound best and then you can imagine that your room really became much better sounding.
    Perfectly stated!
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Addicted to Best!
    I just got 2 sets of the HFT to try. I'm curious if current users have existing room treatment. I ask because the recommended locations coexist with room treatment and other items. In my case, I have RPG BAD panels in the middle of the ceiling so while Level 2 suggests the bullet in the center of the ceiling, does that mean I should place it on the face of my panel? Also, for those with flat screens, would having the bullets lower than recommended (or even the 3 bullets not lining up at the same height affect performance)?

Of course, I contacted SR but Ted's kinda vague with his replies (even when I submitted pictures of the room).
    I have Realtraps in my listening room.

Ted sent me a photoshop'd picture with recommended placement and I spoke to Eliott Nommensen, Research and Development. Both were very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    I have Realtraps in my listening room. . . .
    I know your RealTraps actually work and have measurable results.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

WBF Founding Member/Member Sponsor FrantzM's Avatar

The darn thing can't work, as simple as that. They are pretty though ..
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — Albert Einstein.

WBF Founding Member/Member Sponsor MylesBAstor's Avatar
    I thought they had different levels depending upon how many one was using and showed on their website where to place their product?
    Myles B. Astor, PhD
    Senior Assistant Editor, Positive-Feedback Online, www.positive-feedback.com;
    Executive Editor, www.AVShowrooms.com

Skepticism is the sadism of embittered souls.

There is something to be said in doing things wrong the exact same way every time. It’s not a good thing, but still.

WBF Founding Member/Member Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    I thought they had different levels depending upon how many one was using and showed on their website where to place their product?
    I was just joshing the guy. I have no idea if these things can contribute to producing better sound in your room. But, several people have chimed and say they do hear an improvement. And as I said from the beginning, I would rather hear from people who bought them and tried them than from people who can only speculate.

The BAD panels seems like a good choice for the ceiling. Since it has a fabric wrap, it may be difficult to place the HFT on the panels with the blu tack. My dealer and I already have room treatment with good results when we tried the ART and HFT/FEQ products. We used the Synergistic guidelines as a starting point and tried different positions to complement existing acoustic treatments (eg. behind speakers, front corners, wall/ceiling boundaries, 1st reflection points, on the speaker iteself). If you find a good spot, move the HFT in small increments to check for further improvements. If there is no improvement, return the HFT to Synergistic.

Designers like Ted are in a tough spot. They can't give specific advice without a detailed study of your room/equipment and hearing your system. If Ted actually devoted that much time to each $300 HFT order, I don't know how he can run his company and make a decent profit. This is one reason for the money-back guarantee.

I was just joshing the guy.
    'There is no joshing in audio' - Tom Hanks
    A Bug!! Naa...that's a feature!!
    Cables at DAC end impedance matched. Synergistic

I just got the HFT on loan from The Cable Co. I will be trying these out tonight and will report back what I hear or dont hear. Stay tuned.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8TB NAS >> Wireless N >> Acer AspireRevo R3700 Music Server >> JRiver MC >> Synergistic Research USB Active SE cable >> Musical Fidelity V-Link USB Converter >> Acoustic Zen MC2 SPDIF RCA cable >> Luxman D-06 CDP/DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast