Synergistic Research HFT

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
The shakti haliographs are brilliant, and not really expensive of you can pick them up used. Just can't place them in my loving room. But the ability to tweak sound stage width just by turning them in or out is tremendous

Yes it is, especially in my room where a side wall doesn't exist, they help to stabilize the sound scene at center.

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Thank God that Rich Davis stopped with those infinite trolling posts. I've endured a lot 'till I reached the posts that matter. Those SR tweaks must be really interesting to try. :)

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Is there any more discussion of the devices themselves? Going once......

Lee

Did you finally get to trying them ?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
M.Fremer has endorsed the SR HFT's in the Feb issue of Stereophile , wonder how this will go down with the Objectivists !

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I had two sets (10) in my room for about 6 months. I really wasn't sure they were doing much so I decided to sell them. I must say I feel something is missing since they are gone but maybe it is just short audio memory.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No, I couldn't use them in my room due to no walls in placement areas. Sold them.

Lee

You should try the ECTs

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Here is my experience with SR at T.H.E.Show Newport Beach a couple years ago.
The room was one of the big ones filled with YG Acoustics speakers and I forget what the equipment list was but everything added up to several hundred thousand dollars, without the 1.2 million dollars of SR products.

Ted Denny was doing his presentation with a room full of people, trying his best to do A/B comparisons by turning his stuff off and on (pre HFT and PHT).
Did his powered cables and platforms "CHANGE" the sound? Yes they did. Was it better or just colored different, my opinion, the latter.
Beads on the wall, beads off the wall. No change for me at all. When your wooden mounting bracket is bigger than the bead itself, what is really making the difference here?

Here is where it gets interesting and set my tone for the future of his products.

The demo is over and he asks the nerd herd if there is any questions about product. General questions abound and Ted is answering them. This one guy asks a pretty technical question about the product, I forget the question, but Teds response overshadowed the question.

You could tell he was called out on the carpet and was uncomfortable with the question and how to answer it.

His answer was, and I kid you not, you cant make this stuff up, "Because I said so"

The crowd was floored and many got up and left at this point, understandably so.

Me and my buddy were sitting there as the room cleared out and we started talking to his assistant and asked him if we could here some regular music that people actually listen to. Not the unheard of stuff that nobody would buy but makes your system sound good. Just regular jazz and rock.

He put on a couple two or three tracks and cut each one off after about 10 seconds each and kept blaming it on the rip and essentially ended it at that, demo over.

The system sounded deplorable, embarrassing at best.

My opinion is as follows:
1. It does not take much to color sound, if its to your liking, then knock your self out.

2. We all hate wall-warts in our audio system for obvious reasons. If you actually installed every SR product that is available, there is not enough outlets available in a small town. The bank of power strips and wall-warts in that room was ridiculous, they were tripping on them doing the demo.

3. If you install every SR product out there, you will spend more on their stuff than your original equipment purchase.

4. If you need that much equipment to make your system sound better, I would be questioning the original equipment purchase.

5. If you are out there touting your technological wizardry and its benefits, you better have a better answer than "Because I said so".

I am an OCD tweeker like the rest of us, but I also enjoy actually sitting down and listening to music for hours and not stress out on this that or the other thing that might or might not be present, real or perceived.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing