Synergistic Research HFT

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
we all understand your argument as you continue ad nauseum to make it. Valid or not these members have asked you to stop as they don't care about your premise

I do believe that we have a conundrum here:

What should a person with a conflicting view do?> just accept it? End of debate? What is then, the purpose of a board? TO discuss IMHO, one reason they are often called "Discussion boards or Forums? Aren't we pushing away those who are of a different view? are we to accept any view and not discuss it, challenge it ? I for one do have more than my doubts about hose products of which there exist a continuum , spanning from the ludicrous (e.g. Machina Dynamica) to the "soft" incredible (Kombat dots or Lesloss Blackbox) to the Pseudo scientific (this very product) which is purported to affect acoustics ( a measures-based science ) in ways that can be heard but not measured?
:confused:
So, there a limit to how many times a person can present a dissenting opinion? Would it be the same if that was a consenting one?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Frantz my friend

There is no conundrum here but rather a very specific habit by said poster where he continuously posts the same arguments over and over. We all understand his point but frankly it gets to be trolling when you see the same list over and over and over again. Sorry Frantz but on this I respectfully disagree. It's easy to come in late to the party and make your observations. If this were to occur once or twice I can see your point but honestly just search all of his posts and I am sure you will agree that there is a trend here.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Until there are unbiased measurements provided as to the effects of these devices, it ends up being subjective testimony vs. objective conjecture. I'm sure that many people thought that eating moldy bread could not possibly cure illness.....

Lee

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
FWIW, I am in complete agreement with Rich's premise and postulates. It is the manner in which the argument is presented over and over that becomes tedious even for those of us in agreement

And ulterior motivations.

RichDavis

Feb 3, 2014
Until there are unbiased measurements provided as to the effects of these devices, it ends up being subjective testimony vs. objective conjecture. I'm sure that many people thought that eating moldy bread could not possibly cure illness.....

Lee

Oh, so you eat moldy bread when you get sick? last time I checked, moldy bread makes you sick. And for want it's worth,my doctors don't prescribe antibiotics like they used because there is proof that they can cause other problems.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Oh, so you eat moldy bread when you get sick? last time I checked, moldy bread makes you sick. And for want it's worth,my doctors don't prescribe antibiotics like they used because there is proof that they can cause other problems.

You should ask to see that proof over, and over, and over, and over again.

Last edited:

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
RichDavis quote

unfortunately, we should still be measuring the effects of it to produce undeniable results to prevent any arguments.

Mr. Davis,

There's only one person on this thread who is intentionally arguing again, and again, and again, and again............................................

Sigh.

GG

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Well, Mr. Davis seems to know more about medicine than I. My point is that both sides of this debate are currently unproven in an objective sense. I now await his rebuttal post, because our comments about repetitive point-making have fallen on deaf ears. Now, to go study up on my medical facts....

Lee

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I think one of the strengths of this forum is the expertise of many people who participate, and the extreme politeness with which, guests argue their positions.
On the topic, I agree with both extreme positions. Many times we can not explain what physically happens, it happens and I think the best to do is to empirically test .
RichDavis continue to enter the same comments, why not? He shows great passion which is the basis of our hobby.
Who does not agree has two choices: do not read his comments in advance about this topic, or read them and remain their positions.
Those who seek to understand can read and then test. I found many suggestions on this forum and then I tried directly experiencing for most of the time what I was reading.
For example, I have found it very efficient in my room the shakti hallographs , that many of my friends think they are hangers...:)

Matias

Feb 6, 2013
São Paulo - Brazil
SR released the ECT - Electronic Circuit Transducer, which follows the same technology of the HFTs but to be used in electronic components: DAC chips, IC chips, fuses, transformers, tubes, etc.

http://www.synergisticresearch.com/featured/new-product-release-ect-electronic-circuit-transducer/

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Blu-tac and double stick tape. I love it! Little metal pencil erasers.

Their claims are just ridiculous. I'm impressed they can talk about it with straight faces.

Not quite as outrageous as the bag of colored pebbles one company (whose name I forget) has you tape onto your cables, but still laughable.

A word to the wise, before buying these ECT devices, have some ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy) done so you come to your senses.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Demoed the synergistic research tweaks at the Munich hifi show. They had a room where ask the following tweaks made a clear difference. Take the tweak out, and the loss of soundstage, lack of focus, and muddiness was very apparent
1. HFT
2. FEQ
3. ECT - these are small things, retailing at 300 dollars for a pack of 8. You can put them on the chips inside a component, on the fuse, and ok the sending side of cables.
4. The active isolation bases
5. The black hole, which is a small black thing you can place between the speakers and functions as a bass trap.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Little and bass trap are mutually exclusive.

Just for laughs, I mean out of curiosity, how does the "Black Hole" differ from the HFT and ECT?

Is it the color?????????????

Synergistic is becoming more like Machina Dynamica on a daily basis.

Matias

Feb 6, 2013
São Paulo - Brazil
SR does several on/off demos of its products in all major audio shows, plus they have 30 day trial or money back for people to test at home. If skeptics still don't want to try, well, there is not much more they can do. Sure, skeptics will ask for measurements, but I understand SR doesn't want to do this because that would give away their technology to the competition. So that leaves the skeptics free to complain... oh well.

I have 3 packs of HFT, XOT and a FEQ installed in my system and they work great. The HFTs in the center help focusing the sound stage, while the ones installed around the room really help the ambiance of the music, seems like a 2 channel system sounds like surround sound in musics that have such ambiance - quite interesting. The FEQ is more a cumulative effect, it helps cleaning the sound, feels more natural, increases the bass a little bit. The XOTs also clean the entire range, giving more resolution to the music, and tightens up the bass a little bit. All together they are a significant upgrade, like changing cheap stock power cables to high end ones in a high end system - it really shows a lot more.

Last edited:

Zbor

May 20, 2014
Well I was at the Munich show, and all I can say that all these SR tweaks work! I don't understand how TV works, but it does and I enjoy it; same goes for SR stuff. Similarly measurements only explain what is measured: we don't know or understand everything so there will always be "unknown unknowns" which will influence things. Some are vain enough to think we understand everything: we don't!

At the end of the day you will read reviews, but drink a wine because your like it. Chemical analysis won't help you judging the quality of the wine; ditto goes for audio...what counts is what you hear and what you like. Remember when THD was the wonderful figure for judging amplifiers... well it turned out not to be!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The shakti haliographs are brilliant, and not really expensive of you can pick them up used. Just can't place them in my loving room. But the ability to tweak sound stage width just by turning them in or out is tremendous

I think one of the strengths of this forum is the expertise of many people who participate, and the extreme politeness with which, guests argue their positions.
On the topic, I agree with both extreme positions. Many times we can not explain what physically happens, it happens and I think the best to do is to empirically test .
RichDavis continue to enter the same comments, why not? He shows great passion which is the basis of our hobby.
Who does not agree has two choices: do not read his comments in advance about this topic, or read them and remain their positions.
Those who seek to understand can read and then test. I found many suggestions on this forum and then I tried directly experiencing for most of the time what I was reading.
For example, I have found it very efficient in my room the shakti hallographs , that many of my friends think they are hangers...:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing