I was thinking about "debut" albums the other day!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Alone Together- Dave Mason

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
If you are talking pop and rock:

Fiona Apple "Tidal"
The Cars
The Clash
Elvis Costello "My Aim Is True"
Joy Division "Unknown Pleasures"
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced?"
Led Zeppelin
Moby Grape
Nirvana "Bleach"
Elvis Presley
REM "Chronic Town"
Rockpile "Seconds of Pleasure"
Velvet Underground
X "Los Angeles"

That's a killer list, doc. The two that influenced me the most...

meet_the_beatles.jpg

csn-crop2.jpg

Is Tubular Bells the greatest debut album ever?
Lord knows this is all subjective, but it wouldn't even make my top 50. I've never owned it or wanted to.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Lord knows this is all subjective, but it wouldn't even make my top 50. I've never owned it or wanted to.

Tim

I'm not sure if it's the best debut album ever either, but I posed the question as it has sold so many copies and everything he did after that never came close to reaching his debut effort. That's not say his later albums were/are dogs, because they certainly aren't.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing