• Not interest in clear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
www.purityaudiodesign.com
Purity Audio Design has some great new, ground breaking products coming in earley this year. Carrying on the Purity tradition, we will also be introducing something never before seen in the industry. More information coming soon enough.
Our goal is to introduce some of these new products at Axpona 2014 in Chicago.

Also for Purity 2014, we have designed all new chassis' for our linestages and obviously the new product introductions. The linestage chassis' will be more rugged with additional features. Side panels will be machined from 1" thick 6061 aluminum.
While i won't list all the new features of the chassis right now, this does bring us to the poll mentioned in the title.

Purity has always went with black chassis. the poll has to do with your thoughts on also bringing in some clear anodized aluminum chassis. Are some people getting tired or black? Would you like to see clear brushed aluminum chassis from Purity? Even if you are not in the market for a Purity product, your opinion is still greatly appreciated. Please take a moment to click your mouse and let us know. Please note that this is only a 3 day poll.

Feel free to also post any questions or comments as well. We look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Bill, I voted tired of black, offer both. However, I would even vote for multiple color options. Look at the Dart gear, I think it looks very nice, although does kind of remind me of Ironman's suit, LOL. Black and Silver is getting really passé, IMHO.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Personally, I never get tired of black :) I am getting tired of blue LEDs because most are too bright for my tastes. That's why I'm partial to red LEDs.

Hmmm. Might be a throwback to my Levinson days :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I voted getting tired of black as well. I personally think that the consumer should have the option, so if you can......provide them with that opportunity.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm with Jack as I never get tired of black audio gear. I do think the Jadis look is sexy too.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Personally, I never get tired of black :) I am getting tired of blue LEDs because most are too bright for my tastes. That's why I'm partial to red LEDs.

Hmmm. Might be a throwback to my Levinson days :D

Just voted black is fine. And I agree and understand you - I am hosting Levinson ML380s - still a great preamplifier (sounding great with a Devialet) and very comfortable to look at.

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Its funny how much response we are getting about blue LEDs. I remember when I first starting using blue LEDs in modifications before you saw them pop up everywhere.

For the LEDs on the Purity, we are going to Red starting with our new 2014 model line. The alternate color indication for the phase reverse on preamps will likely be green which looks prety cool behind our dark smoked acrylic window. As always, you can turn the display completely off on all the linestages. It comes back on whenever performing any function from either the remote or front panel then goes back off after about 5 seconds.

For the black chassis, we are going with the brushed*aluminum control knobs as well as a brushed aluminum front insert plate that is about 1.5" x 3" that will be countersunk into the front panels. This plate will contain the model name and the switches. The models that will see these higher quality chassis are all linestages from the Reference and above and one of our new hybrid amplifiers. Within the next couple of weeks, I will start a new thread outlining the new products. Till then, we can't let the cat out of the bag. I am confident that there will be at least one product that will redefine the way many music lovers listen to music. We would like to have some of these products availavle for debut at Axpona.we're working on it.
*We still have to wait and see what direction we plan on going in with the Basis Series chassis. We will make this announcement as soon as possible as we are completely sold out of the Basis Two and have only a couple Basis mkII chassis' left.

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Okay... a little late but here is a picture of the 2014 Reference linestage in its new chassis. Notice all the Blue LEDs are no more. For the Statement Series, the same upper chassis is used but also with a matching lower chassis for the dual mono power supply.

Ref-2014-500-black.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing