35 Foods From Your Childhood That Are Extinct Now

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Some of these are not that old. I think I had Chocolate Vanilla Cream Pop tarts a few years ago.

What about:
Pixie sticks
Puffa Puffa Rice
Kick-a-poo Joy Juice
Bubblegum cigarettes
Dixie cups
Fresca
Little Brownie
Shasta cola
Jolt cola
Grape Ne-Hi
RC cola

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The only one of those items that really appears gross is the Heinz EX-Squirt PURPLE ketchup.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Yes at lake george years ago. Lol. I did not think anybody wpuld evn know what they were. That is about 50 years ago.

Al

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
They were/are "candy buttons"

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Looks like the rogue's gallery of items causing the ADD epidemic.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Looks like the rogue's gallery of items causing the ADD epidemic.

I think a lot of the ADD epidemic could be solved with a good smack now and then and making them get their acts together!

People aren't any different or suffering from any conditions now than they were 50 years ago. Their upbringings and lack of taking responsibility for their lives are just much worse.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I think a lot of the ADD epidemic could be solved with a good smack now and then and making them get their acts together!

People aren't any different or suffering from any conditions now than they were 50 years ago. Their upbringings and lack of taking responsibility for their lives are just much worse.

+1... Love this response!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Really here and I thought this is a mature crowd.
I know that parenting has changed much from my days
And the time out is bull. But beating your kids not cool
And as such it's tough to call out parents who care so much as to never hit there kids
As being wrong for this. And as for a smack fixing things
Maybe in some times but not with a child who has issues
It it sounds like you do. Hahaha
Al

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I understand what you are saying, but a smack isn't a beating. The time out is bull and ridiculously ineffective. Most children who "have issues" got that way because of their parents.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The truth is that for those of us that were born in the 1950s or before, child abuse was in style. Many of us were beat at home, beat at school, and even the neighbors had beating rights if you were screwing up and needed a good whack. There was no such thing as a "time out." Your time out started after your little ass was beat and you were sent to your room to contemplate what you did wrong while you were rubbing your sore butt. If todays laws were in effect when I was growing up, my old man would still be doing hard time at some prison. Ditto for the penguins that used to beat the snot out of me at Catholic school.

Today, you aren't allowed to spank your own children. As they get older they get more savvy and will threaten to call 911 on you and then you get to make new friends in prison. And for the curious, no, I don't have any children.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
If I had a problem child and could not discipline them or keep them in line by necessary means, I would literally put them up for adoption and let somebody else deal with them. Life is too short to have that kind of crap intruding on one's life. If you live in my house, you live under my rules.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My eldest is a new teenager. Man, my wife and I are just feeling our way through all of this. I've got my fingers crossed. One thing I am not a fan of is helicopter parenting. I believe you have to let a kid fall now and then if you want them to learn how to get up on their own. It's much harder to do than to cosset and pamper but I'm sticking to that plan.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The teenage years for children are what I deem the age of infinite wisdom-they think they know everything and conversely, the parents are dumber than dirt.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
tell that to mr protein according to him there should never be any children at all, at least not in his preaches life anyway.

i guess those of us who have them must be just stupid . and the future children will be born in a shoe by 2525 lol.

al

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
tell that to mr protein according to him there should never be any children at all, at least not in his preaches life anyway.

i guess those of us who have them must be just stupid . and the future children will be born in a shoe by 2525 lol.

al
Reminds of a line in one of Bill Cosby's routines. It went something like It always amazes me how much smarter my dad seemed as I got older.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing