A810 Repairs and Service

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
One might consider Steve Smith...Nashville...(615) 870-1254.
Best of luck!

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Hi Ki,

Happy New Year! :cool:

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I got an email from Steve Smith he says he is only working on the big 2" decks now!!! Any others that might be of help? I have a short video of the problem...

Did Steve have any leads for you? If I come across a tech conversant with A810's...I'll post, again.
I may need one, too :b

Curt Palme

Jan 25, 2012
I've worked on a few of them, but am in Vancouver Canada. What's the problem, maybe we can narrow it down.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Any other Studer techs in the west coast?

Might want to contact Fred Thal. I know he only wants to work on A820/A80 machines, but he must know someone.

There is a Studer tech in Nashville that is representing AudioHouse in Switzerland.

sunan

Jun 7, 2015
Might want to contact Fred Thal. I know he only wants to work on A820/A80 machines, but he must know someone.

There is a Studer tech in Nashville that is representing AudioHouse in Switzerland.

Thanks. Thats AtAE right? They don't do A810. Said they are concentrating on A820/A80 like you said.

That tech in Nashville, isn't he Steve Smith?

Anyway lot of people were promoting the Studer to me saying parts are still avilable etc but after I get it I find it hard to find proper service people. Ones that are good are very busy Like Charlie. Oh yeah there are service people out there who just want your money and don't want to do the work for it. Thats another story

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Thanks. Thats AtAE right? They don't do A810. Said they are concentrating on A820/A80 like you said.

That tech in Nashville, isn't he Steve Smith?

Anyway lot of people were promoting the Studer to me saying parts are still avilable etc but after I get it I find it hard to find proper service people. Ones that are good are very busy Like Charlie. Oh yeah there are service people out there who just want your money and don't want to do the work for it. Thats another story

Correct...ATAE is Adolph Thal.
I don't believe Steve is working on A810's at this time.
Accessing 'proper' Studer techs is an issue as there are scant few.
I will attest that Vertigo Recording Services are very busy :eek:

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
If you run out of options, contact me for a person.

Although he is not in the business, this person is knowledgeable and have worked on his own Studer A810s. I had sent him some A810 parts in recent past and don't think he would mind you contacting him for help. I believe he is in the San Francisco Bay area.

Ki

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing