Thoughts on the TAD TSM-2201-LR?

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Has anyone heard these TAD monitors?

http://tad-labs.com/en/professional/tsm_2201_lr/

Though TAD appears to be targeting pro users with these speakers, they're passive. The woofer looks like an interesting design (and at 8", quite large to be in a monitor), and the tweeter appears to be metal, though probably not beryllium. It's unclear whether Andrew Jones played any role in designing them.

Given that these speakers are a TAD product, the most attractive thing about them is the price.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-104628-tad-tsm-2201-lr-studio-monitor-pr.aspx

Thoughts?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I would love to hear them. I bet they sound great with the Job 225. When I first got the Job I used the very inexpensive Andrew Jones designed Pioneer speakers to make sure all was okay. That combo was amazing.

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
I would love to hear them. I bet they sound great with the Job 225. When I first got the Job I used the very inexpensive Andrew Jones designed Pioneer speakers to make sure all was okay. That combo was amazing.

Indeed, I'm interested in pairing these with the Job 225. I just can't believe that no one on WBF seems to have heard them. WBF is the one forum that's on the bleeding edge. And by bleeding, I mean bleeding cash on gear that might or might not be good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing