How heavy is your Turntable ?

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Heavy enough to require a new bathroom scale :( (do you count the weight of the vapor compression motor cooler?)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Heavy enough to require a new bathroom scale :( (do you count the weight of the vapor compression motor cooler?)

The Baasner turntable is a festival of stainless and acrylic and features a parallel tracking arm that floats in water, a syringe is supplied in order to adjust VTA, naturally. Other features include shields to deflect air movement and nylon thread drive via pulleys too numerous to count.

Perhaps the designer got his inspiration in the famous stories about the Forsell air bearing parallel tracking tonearm tubes pouring water ...

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Does it actually work? It almost looks like a joke.

I'm not sure long term reliability will be the forte' of that table. Talk about unnecessary, IMHO complication. It might be fun to do some meth and tweak that baby. It might keep you occupied for a while tweaking...lol

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Transrotor Artus, 220 Kg

Attachments

• Transrotor Artus.jpg
    Transrotor Artus.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 406

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Basis Work of Art 250 Kg

Attachments

• basis work of art.jpg
    basis work of art.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 616

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Just what does all that hardware do????

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
So far the Clearaudio Statement is way out in the lead!

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Guys,

While these super tables are nice to look at and have impressive size/weight, I'm really interested in your personal tables and their footprints/weights.

So Gary, hvbias, Myles, and mep please share and add your personal tables to the list.

BTW: If weight is not known or you have an approximate values, that's fine. I know it much easier to get a tape measurer for the footprint info than it is to put a table (especially a custom plinth one) on a scale if weight is unknown.

Thanks guys,
Dre

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Saskia Model Two - Approximately 215 lbs.
23.5" X 17"

Controller - Approximately 25 lbs.
11" X 15.5"

Due to the use of natural materials, weights may vary.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Guys,

While these super tables are nice to look at and have impressive size/weight, I'm really interested in your personal tables and their footprints/weights.

So Gary, hvbias, Myles, and mep please share and add your personal tables to the list.

BTW: If weight is not known or you have an approximate values, that's fine. I know it much easier to get a tape measurer for the footprint info than it is to put a table (especially a custom plinth one) on a scale if weight is unknown.

Thanks guys,
Dre

I'm not sure what the VPI Classic Direct comes in at with the SRA base. Not on the site so I'll have to investigate.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing