How heavy is your Turntable ?

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
How much does your turntable weigh?

What would the footprint be in length and width for a platform/stand?

You are also welcome to identify the name of your table if you would like to.

Thanks,
Dre

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
It's certainly no HRX...

about 17.75" x 13.75"

Does have an outboard speed controller which you have to find another shelf to sit it on.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Happy New Year Andre!

My Walker Proscenium weighs in at around 250 lbs (not counting the pump box and platform).

I have a suspended wood floor over joists on 16" centers, so I have a lolly column in the basement under each of the two front legs of the table rack (which also holds my Allnic H3000 phono stage), and the rear of the rack is bolted to the studs in the wall.

The Walker Audio Proscenium Platform is 24" W x 18" D x 4" H

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Galibier Stelvio I - 140 lbs

20" x 24" platform

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
People, you are referring to lightweights ...

A german audiophile from whom I am getting an old Oracle premier for my collection (yes, I could not resist, as I feel bad every time I visit a friend who got my premier from me in a moment of weakness) owns the The Brakemeier Apolyth : it weights over 250kg (550 lbs) http://www.knipschild.net/Brakemeier/apolyt.htm

I felt guilty looking at the review - when I got my Studer A80s I got a spare capstan motor and a Studer board controller to built a an upgraded drive motor for my Forsell. It is still in my filled unfinished projects cupboard. Please look at the motor of this turntable - it is a B77 Revox motor with the controller from the B77!

Last edited:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
People, you are referring to lightweights ...

A german audiophile from whom I am getting an old Oracle premier for my collection (yes, I could not resist, as I feel bad every time I visit a friend who got my premier from me in a moment of weakness) owns the The Brakemeier Apolyth : it weights over 250kg (550 lbs) http://www.knipschild.net/Brakemeier/apolyt.htm

I felt guilty looking at the review - when I got my Studer A80s I got a spare capstan motor and a Studer board controller to built a an upgraded drive motor for my Forsell. It is still in my filled unfinished projects cupboard. Please look at the motor of this turntable!

Clearaudio Statement...770lbs.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I don't know.....25lbs? Haha!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Clearaudio Statement...770lbs.

According to several sites the Statement won by KO ... It is considered the heaviest turntable, even without taking in account the counter balance! I remember seeing a Verdier where the very large and thick metal platter floated in a mercury bath, but could not retrieve details about it.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Happy New Year Andre!

My Walker Proscenium weighs in at around 250 lbs (not counting the pump box and platform).

I have a suspended wood floor over joists on 16" centers, so I have a lolly column in the basement under each of the two front legs of the table rack (which also holds my Allnic H3000 phono stage), and the rear of the rack is bolted to the studs in the wall.

The Walker Audio Proscenium Platform is 24" W x 18" D x 4" H

Happy New Year Joe!

Thanks. Those figures look awfully familiar to me. :)

Dre

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I don't know.....25lbs? Haha!

That's ok John. I didn't ask for someones idea of the biggest table ever made. I just want to get more weight and footprint information.

25lbs is fine. What's the footprint?

Thanks,
Dre

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing