How heavy is your Turntable ?

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Mine is 770 lbs Clear Audio Statement with a tri planner arm on a slate floor over cement.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
mosquito weight champion of the world?

0cpyott001.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I owned the Rockport Sirius III, at 600 pounds quite the heavyweight. while I owned that tt, I always figured the ease and level of solidity I heard from it came from the combination of the weight, the air bearings, and air suspension (passive with active leveling).

later the NVS at a mere approx 120 pounds (with dual stainless arm boards) on top of the Herzan active isolation bettered those aspects of the Rockport performance. to my ears, active isolation and active leveling on a proper grounded stand trumps mere mass any time. science seems to agree. a heavy platter can help with speed stability but it's not so simple an equation. more a matter of execution than any dogma of specific approach. a heavy plinth can work (for a solid arm board) but again it's more a matter of execution than philosophy.

Suteetat

Sep 3, 2013
Bangkok
VPI Classic Direct Drive foot print 23.5x17.5 inch, weight about 36 kg. Will stick it on Critical Mass shelf (30kg) on Minus K.

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Sorry I missed your post Peter.

I'm just making sure I've got a better idea of some of the weight and footprints of the turntables most users have that don't have integrated stands in case I need the information in the future.

Dre
Isn't this as relevant as asking members what they weigh ?
Curious..

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Heavy weight champ of the form LOL

You have the heavy weight champ !

In a form filled with heavy hitters I am winning the weight class LOL. I just hope I am not winning it on a personal level ( unfortunately I may be in the running personally) got work on that one of these days.

number95

May 14, 2014
Acoustic Solid Royal, 44cm x 44cm (17.5" x 17.5") foot print; 51kg (114 lb) sitting on SRA Scuttle3.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I owned the Rockport Sirius III, at 600 pounds quite the heavyweight. while I owned that tt, I always figured the ease and level of solidity I heard from it came from the combination of the weight, the air bearings, and air suspension (passive with active leveling).

later the NVS at a mere approx 120 pounds (with dual stainless arm boards) on top of the Herzan active isolation bettered those aspects of the Rockport performance. to my ears, active isolation and active leveling on a proper grounded stand trumps mere mass any time. science seems to agree. a heavy platter can help with speed stability but it's not so simple an equation. more a matter of execution than any dogma of specific approach. a heavy plinth can work (for a solid arm board) but again it's more a matter of execution than philosophy.

Mike, what's the footprint of the NVS on it's platform without the Table Stable?

Dre

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Saskia Model Two - Approximately 215 lbs. 23.5" X 17" Controller - Approximately 25 lbs. 11" X 15.5" Due to the use of natural materials, weights may vary.
The old sentence "Specifications subject to change without notice." means something after all. The turntable just got deeper by 1.25". I don't know the weight change, yet.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
The old sentence "Specifications subject to change without notice." means something after all. The turntable just got deeper by 1.25". I don't know the weight change, yet.

Making room for longer or second arms?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike.

Dre,

the footprint of the NVS tt itself is 20" w x 18" d. the outside dimension of the two front legs is 20", and then from the front of the front legs to the rear of the center rear leg is 18". the NVS passive isolation shelf is 21" w x 20" deep.

Mike

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Dre,

the footprint of the NVS tt itself is 20" w x 18" d. the outside dimension of the two front legs is 20", and then from the front of the front legs to the rear of the center rear leg is 18". the NVS passive isolation shelf is 21" w x 20" deep.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the measurements.

Dre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing