Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Meet Mark Levinson...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
We have a new audio shop in amsterdam its a daniel hertz specialty store , just visited it today ,listened to the software app as well.
Nice looking monitors, the big system had a high freq horn, M7 B speaker to which i listened .

https://www.danielhertz-store.nl/

Last edited:

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Having not seen him in ages, my first thought was "wow, he's gotten older!" Then I looked in the mirror and was even more vexed that he's aged more gracefully than I... :)

Not really clear to me what makes the speakers so different though I agree with a lot of his opinions.

Sounds like he's moved to a class G or H supply on the amps? That is the usual approach to solving class A bias heat and efficiency issues. I am not sure why an amp would sound worse in the mW range except for noise though I have read that quite a bit. There are technical reasons why that could be true but I would expect good designers to have those issues well-solved. I always thought it was driven primarily by THD plots that do not de-embed the noise, so you get an artificially rising THD characteristic at low power levels, and poor SNR (or using an amp too big for the job so at low levels the noise is significant).

Anyway, thanks for the video! - Don

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
We have a new audio shop in amsterdam its a daniel hertz specialty store , just visited it today ,listened to the software app as well.
Nice looking monitors, the big system had a high freq horn, M7 B speaker to which i listened .

https://www.danielhertz-store.nl/

While in Amsterdam for a performance of the Concertgebouw Orchestra a few weeks ago, I happened to walk by the Daniel Hertz store, which is very close to the Concertgebouw. I did not go in. However, the Daniel Hertz integrated amplifier that I saw in the window looked like Dussun/Korsun products (I believe Korsun and Dussun are related mainland Chinese brands) and the old Red Rose integrated amplifier.

Daniel Hertz amplifier.jpg

Perhaps the Daniel Hertz amplifier pictured above has nothing to do with any products manufactured by Dussun/Korsun, but its physical resemblance to the $800 Dussun T2i is striking.

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The most expensive part of the amplifier is the flight case.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing