Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Daniel Hertz "Master Class" Software from Mark Levinson

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
    Meet Mark Levinson...

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    We have a new audio shop in amsterdam its a daniel hertz specialty store , just visited it today ,listened to the software app as well.
    Nice looking monitors, the big system had a high freq horn, M7 B speaker to which i listened .

https://www.danielhertz-store.nl/
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 02-04-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] DonH50's Avatar
    Having not seen him in ages, my first thought was "wow, he's gotten older!" Then I looked in the mirror and was even more vexed that he's aged more gracefully than I...

Not really clear to me what makes the speakers so different though I agree with a lot of his opinions.

Sounds like he's moved to a class G or H supply on the amps? That is the usual approach to solving class A bias heat and efficiency issues. I am not sure why an amp would sound worse in the mW range except for noise though I have read that quite a bit. There are technical reasons why that could be true but I would expect good designers to have those issues well-solved. I always thought it was driven primarily by THD plots that do not de-embed the noise, so you get an artificially rising THD characteristic at low power levels, and poor SNR (or using an amp too big for the job so at low levels the noise is significant).

Anyway, thanks for the video! - Don
    Don Herman
    "After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
    Don's Technical Articles on WBF

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    another interesting interview with M levinson .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKtPmthrdYw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post
    another interesting interview with M levinson .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKtPmthrdYw
    Interesting indeed. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post
    We have a new audio shop in amsterdam its a daniel hertz specialty store , just visited it today ,listened to the software app as well.
    Nice looking monitors, the big system had a high freq horn, M7 B speaker to which i listened .

https://www.danielhertz-store.nl/
    While in Amsterdam for a performance of the Concertgebouw Orchestra a few weeks ago, I happened to walk by the Daniel Hertz store, which is very close to the Concertgebouw. I did not go in. However, the Daniel Hertz integrated amplifier that I saw in the window looked like Dussun/Korsun products (I believe Korsun and Dussun are related mainland Chinese brands) and the old Red Rose integrated amplifier.

Name:  Daniel Hertz amplifier.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  858.3 KB

Perhaps the Daniel Hertz amplifier pictured above has nothing to do with any products manufactured by Dussun/Korsun, but its physical resemblance to the $800 Dussun T2i is striking.
    Last edited by soundArgument; 04-21-2017 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Grammar, clarity

The most expensive part of the amplifier is the flight case.
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3 & P10, Technics SL-1000MK3D, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345